Opinions wanted on planned first build...

Hi,

Never built one before, but have some flying skill. What do you think of this for starters? Not planning any acro... just good solid flight for Go Pro, FPV, and Waypoints. I know my list doesn't have these abilities yet, but do you think this is a good platform to start with?

View attachment 12916

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 676

bensid54

I'm pretty sure your props have to be able to lift by turning clockwise and counter clockwise for lift. I believe that is what makes them stable and if you already have a small quad look at the props on that it will give you a better idea of what you need.

Yes, you need equal number of clockwise props and counterclockwise props. Otherwise the MR will just spin in circles.
As for the specific components, I'll have to let those more experienced in builds from scratch chime in.

Thanks - there are indeed equal numbers of clockwise and counterclockwise. But that brings up an interesting point... what causes the motors to spin in the proper direction? Is that purely a function of the flight controller software? Or do I need to invert the leads on three of the props?

Thanks - there are indeed equal numbers of clockwise and counterclockwise. But that brings up an interesting point... what causes the motors to spin in the proper direction? Is that purely a function of the flight controller software? Or do I need to invert the leads on three of the props?
Hey Delta. If that is the case, great. From the description in the list it looks like they are all the same direction.
As for the turn direction... The turn direction will come when you connect the motors to the ESCs. The ESCs have two sets of inputs (power, and a pulse modulated input defining the motor speed), and three-phase power output going to the motors. Initially you will just connect the three outputs (they are indiscriminate) and the motor will turn one direction. If it's the correct direction, then no further change needed. If it's the opposite direction, then you just reverse two of the wires, and the motor will then turn in the correct direction.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Highly recommend going with a really basic setup just to get started and learning the basics and learning how to fly an MR, the FCU's with way points, etc are much harder to setup than say a basic KK2 board, they are only $30 but will ease you into the world of MR with less to worry about your basic setup.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator: