Omnibus f3 w/INav on a hex. Motors 5&6 not activating in INAV.

SF Bay Area Tim

I am building a hex using a taranis transmitter, X8R receiver in d16 mode,onmibus f3 flight controller with INav flashed and SBUS. I also have gimbal control, lights, and landing gear that are all controlled with the PWM output of the receiver. The problem I am having is that in config. screen of the INav configurator, when I set up the serial bus on UART3 and the GPS on UART2, the radio talks to the controller and all of the PWM outputs work as well as the GPS but the "motors" screen does not show 5&6. When I set UART1 to serial bus and UART2 is GPS still, then I free up UART3 and I get all 6 motors but I loose the SBUS communication on the receiver screen.(although I still have use of all of the PWM functions. HELP! I am to the point of getting a different FC but I have used this combo in various quads and the gps as well as the flight control properties are both amazing. Plus, its been a lengthy build and I really don't want to tear into it again! If i do end up giving up with trying to make this work, what controller would work on a 650 hex with sbus and still have quality gps? I don't need a racer, this is more for photography.

Last edited:

SF Bay Area Tim

After many hours of trying to get the omnibus f3 to work on a hex with SBUS, I have decided that the omnibus f3 was not a good choice for a hex. My vector FC should be here next week....Now we're talking!