Ominus problems

Harold44367

Hi everyone,

I'm as new as can be to drones. I went to a DJI event Saturday and saw both the Inspire and the Phantom fly. Pretty cool looking drones!

On the way home I picked up a Dromida Ominus to learn on. The problem is that my Dad got a hold of it first. He's a button masher. Nothing happened when he first turned it on so he pounded every button until something did happen (instead of reading the instructions).

Now, we're having a problems keeping the drone from flipping over. It won't fly straight. It drifts to one side and then flips over. All the rotors work but the back left one is slow to start. My brother thinks that the trim setting are all messed up.

Is there a way to reset the drone to factory settings? Failing that what's the best way to fix the problem?

P.S. I know we're new pilots but this really is more than being heavy on the sticks.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Did your dad just mess with the radio???

Your brother may be correct. If your dad mashed a bunch of buttons, he may have thrown off the trims.

Does the ominous radio have beeps when you move the trims? If so, there should be a different tone that beeps when centered.

Harold44367

It was only the buttons on the radio that he pressed. We've centered it as best we can but it's still not flying right.

Harold44367

I'm beginning to think there is a motor problem. That back left motor only spins if you give it a push start. My brother said there were crashes so it may have gotten damaged in one of them... I'm going to call tech support tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
pull out on the prop a little, if it crashed it may be jammed up against the motor

Harold44367

Yeah, it turned out that the back right motor was no good. It must have gotten damaged while flying. The good news is it's super easy to replace. I picked a new motor up at a local hobby shop for something like $20. Make sure you get the correct motor. Each motor is set up to run in a certain direction. So the left front motor WILL NOT WORK in the back right position.

There are tons of tutorials around the web to show you how to replace them. Here's one I found on youtube.