Noob question ... Which wires go where Naza M V2 to Spektrum Ar8000 (DX8 TX)

Tris

Hi There,

I am very new to multirotors, and have just finished building my F450 Flame Wheel.

I'm having a bit of a problem working out which wires go where to connect my Naza M V2 controller to my Spektrum AR8000 receiver.
I have the DX8 controller, and have a Zenmuse H3D2 Gimball fitted, which I was hoping to connect to the Aux 3 knob on the TX for tilt control.
I have looked at the wiring diagram on the DJI website, and connecting the basics (throttle, rudder etc) seemed straight forward, its mainly the U, X1, X2, and X3 channels that have me stumped.

Anyway, any help anyone could provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Tris

Hi There,

I am very new to multirotors, and have just finished building my F450 Flame Wheel.

I'm having a bit of a problem working out which wires go where to connect my Naza M V2 controller to my Spektrum AR8000 receiver.
I have the DX8 controller, and have a Zenmuse H3D2 Gimball fitted, which I was hoping to connect to the Aux 3 knob on the TX for tilt control.
I have looked at the wiring diagram on the DJI website, and connecting the basics (throttle, rudder etc) seemed straight forward, its mainly the U, X1, X2, and X3 channels that have me stumped.

Anyway, any help anyone could provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Tris

Hey man,

I am also very new to this and I have managed to as i believe get it right by the following:

AR8000 - Naza

Thro - T
Aile - A
Elev - E
Rudd - R
Gear - U
Aux 1 - X1
Aux 2 - X2
Then the naza PMU goes to X3

Guys please correct me if i'm wrong

Regards
Warren

glacier51

Another option:

NAZA | AR8000

T >>>> T
R >>>> R
A >>>> A
E >>>> E
U >>>> AUX1
X1 >>>> AUX3
X2 >>>> AUX2
X3 >>>>> >>>>>> NAZA VU or whatever the V2 module is called
AR8000 G (NOT CONNECTED)

The implementation is as follows:

NAZA U (flight mode) goes to AR8000 AUX1. DX8 AUX1 is selected to the 3 position FMODE switch for GPS ATT, ATT and MANUAL flight modes.
NAZA X1 controls in-flight gains settings via DX8 AUX3 knob.
NAZA X2(IOC), goes to AR8000 AUX2. DX8 AUX2 is selected to the 3 position FLAP switch for OFF, HOME LOCK and COURSE LOCK.

Tris

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have tried both setups, and glacier51's seems to feel best. The added benefit of having the X3 knob for in flight gain adjustment is really useful, and once I'm happy, it can be easily swapped over to Gimbal control.

Thanks again.

Tris

H3d2 naza tilt wiring

Another option:

NAZA | AR8000

T >>>> T
R >>>> R
A >>>> A
E >>>> E
U >>>> AUX1
X1 >>>> AUX3
X2 >>>> AUX2
X3 >>>>> >>>>>> NAZA VU or whatever the V2 module is called
AR8000 G (NOT CONNECTED)

The implementation is as follows:

NAZA U (flight mode) goes to AR8000 AUX1. DX8 AUX1 is selected to the 3 position FMODE switch for GPS ATT, ATT and MANUAL flight modes.
NAZA X1 controls in-flight gains settings via DX8 AUX3 knob.
NAZA X2(IOC), goes to AR8000 AUX2. DX8 AUX2 is selected to the 3 position FLAP switch for OFF, HOME LOCK and COURSE LOCK.

Hi
do do you have a diagram of h3d2 to naza then naza to dx8 then setting up dx8 to control tilt you have helped me in the past with very good wiring diagrams/explanations hope you can again please
thanks

Hi
do do you have a diagram of h3d2 to naza then naza to dx8 then setting up dx8 to control tilt you have helped me in the past with very good wiring diagrams/explanations hope you can again please
thanks

I did the tilt on x2 for aux2(your top roller)

you can play around with it but just not that Aux 2 is and only the one the do the tilts with that dial knob

guysd

As i am looking to control the gimbal pitch with the Aux 3 dial on the DX8, connecting the gimbal pitch to the F2 Naza plug, what port do i need connect the AUX3 to ?

zx9rider

I know this thread is ancient, but I'm having trouble getting my spektrum ar6210 and naza m v2 working. I see the diagram above for the ar8000 rx, which has 8 channels. I'm lost because my ar6210 rx only has 6 channels.

Is this a correct configuration?
NAZA | AR8000
T >>>> T
R >>>> R
A >>>> A
E >>>> E
U >>>> Gear
X1 >>>> not in use
X2 >>>> AUX1
X3 >>>> NAZA module

If this is a correct configuration, I dont understand how I used gear for flight mode because gear only has 2 positions. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I know this thread is ancient, but I'm having trouble getting my spektrum ar6210 and naza m v2 working. I see the diagram above for the ar8000 rx, which has 8 channels. I'm lost because my ar6210 rx only has 6 channels.

Is this a correct configuration?
NAZA | AR8000
T >>>> T
R >>>> R
A >>>> A
E >>>> E
U >>>> Gear
X1 >>>> not in use
X2 >>>> AUX1
X3 >>>> NAZA module

If this is a correct configuration, I dont understand how I used gear for flight mode because gear only has 2 positions. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but with only six channels you cannot use all the functions of the Naza. You need 5 channels and one three position switch for basic functionality. (Cyclic control and flight mode). This does not include IOC, or gimbal control for which you need another three position switch and knob respectively. To use all the functionality you need at least 8 channel TX and 8 channel RX. If you only have a 2 position gear switch, such as on the DX6i, you will need to create a "mix" of switches through your mix menu to be able to have 3 flight modes. You might be able to find something on you tube that will show you how to create the mix.

Last edited by a moderator: