No pic using Gopro2 and new DJI video tx....need help!

Hi gang!

I am going to ask for help realizing that someone amongst us must have the knowledge to solve this problem. As mentionned, I am trying to use the new DJI Tx/Rx on 5.8 Ghz with my Gopro2 and I can not get anything coming out of it. I have purchased an adaptor to connect the Tx to the camera which is a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm stereo jack. After connecting everything together and selecting the same channel on Tx/Rx, no image on TV and to top it off, my Gopro freezes with a funny sign I have never seen before (a + sign and an something looking like an image beside it). I guess the wiring is off... What do you think?

Hi Tahoe Ed and thank you for your reply. Indeed, the Gopro requires a 2.5 mm 4 pole jack and the DJI tx cable is a 3.5 mm. stereo jack. I had plugged in an adaptor 3.5 mm stereo to 2.5 mm stereo and this, in fact, grounded the video signal.

I have now purchased a 2.5 mm, 4 poles for the Gopro2 out of which I isolated the video and ground wires. This is connected to the DJI 5.8 Ghz video tx and works perfectly!

I am actually performing a review of this product combinaison (Gopro2 and DJI 5.8 Ghz video Tx/Rx) for a Canadian dealer. I will gladly provide you with the link when the full product review is completed. So far, very promising inhouse testing. Good weather should allow me to perform airborne range validation soon.

Thank you again for your display of solidarity and airmanship!

A fellow multirotor pilot,

Rodge

Make sure that you are only using the video signal and ground from the GoPro to the vTx.

Tahoe Ed

Roger, thanks. Please post a link to your review. I will be interested in your results. I have not used the GoPro with the DJI Video Down Link. Have you tried the different recording settings and does that have an effect on the video output.

Roger, thanks. Please post a link to your review. I will be interested in your results. I have not used the GoPro with the DJI Video Down Link. Have you tried the different recording settings and does that have an effect on the video output.

Hi again,

I am in the process of reviewing this system, awaiting better weather to carry the unit outside and airborne. It is a good idea you are suggesting to see the effects (if any) of the different settings using the video downlink, I will include this to my test battery. As soon as I finish the tests, I will provide you with the link. Thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Rodge

hymer

Hi gang!

I am going to ask for help realizing that someone amongst us must have the knowledge to solve this problem. As mentionned, I am trying to use the new DJI Tx/Rx on 5.8 Ghz with my Gopro2 and I can not get anything coming out of it. I have purchased an adaptor to connect the Tx to the camera which is a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm stereo jack. After connecting everything together and selecting the same channel on Tx/Rx, no image on TV and to top it off, my Gopro freezes with a funny sign I have never seen before (a + sign and an something looking like an image beside it). I guess the wiring is off... What do you think?

did you fix your GoPro camera, and how?I have the same problem. thanks