Nice UAV Wedding Video

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
"Maloney has acknowledged hiring a photographer to produce a video of his wedding using a camera mounted on a small drone. The wedding took place in Cold Spring on June 21. Maloney is a member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's aviation subcommittee, which oversees the FAA."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Rep-Sean-Patrick-Maloney-Rockland-Drone-Video-Wedding-FAA-267451671.html

Even kept a safe (?) altitude when flying over the crowd. At least the FAA's bosses see a viable commercial use...

Av8Chuck

How Ironic...

But with the exception of a few times where he appeared to fly close and directly over the crowd, this was a great use of aerial for this occasion. I'm sure they have a photographer and videographer on the ground that would have captured that perspective and once edited together would make a spectacular wedding video.

I have a difficult time understanding why the FAA would want to deprive people of the opportunity to both produce and have such a great expression of that day.

I hope this helps this, and other Congressmen to realize how much the FAA's unrealistic rules and policies are restricting the growth in this industry.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
An interesting story all the way around.
I thought it was pretty artfully done, although it appears as though it was heavily stabilized in post. It has that jerky, jumpy look that's common in these cases. Or, it could have just been badly processed (too high or too low a data rate, or a frame rate issue). I'd be curious to know how they shot this. It's clear their setup is a cut above the Phantom/GoPro crap so common these days, but maybe not top tier gear.
All that said, I'm really happy to see it. Especially because I know many of us can do better. :tennis:

IM0001

While it looks like it was a two person control setup, it definitely didn't look nearly as stable as even my Phantom2/GoPro Crap :p (However I agree the camera video was a step above a GoPro's by a good bit.)

Case in Point... (No smoothing done in PP)

I'm going to have to look into shooting a few weddings now too...

Last edited by a moderator: