Nex 7 on a Nex 5 zenmuse question

Has anyone put a nex 7 camera on a nex 5 zenmuse gimbal?

I have compared the two gimbals (nex 5 and nex 7 version) and the two appear to be the same, with the exception of the positioning of the components. The part that triggers the shutter (I'm not sure what it is called) looks like it also provides balance weight, since on the nex 7 version it is farther away from the center of the gimbal. So for the actual mounting, it seems like all that is necessary to mount the nex 7 is to reposition the shutter trigger to get it to balance. The nex 5 and 7 are different weights though.

So my question is this... are the other components (motors, drive circuitry, etc) the same? Will I burn out my nex 5 gimbal by attempting to mount a nex 7?

The way that DJI lists the two gimbals in their marketing info, it seems as if they have two gimbals, one for the nex5/nex7 and one for the gh2. If that is the case, then I would think that there is no problem, as long as it balances. But the box that my nex 5 gimbal came in has "for sony nex 5 only" written on it, so it makes me a little hesitant to try to mount a nex 7 for fear of burning it out.

Any ideas?