Newbie putting together a F550 :-), Has a few questions?

Toxifera

Greetings to the MultiRotor Forums. This is my first post so please excuse me if I don't know all the jargon. I am considering putting together my first F550 and was curious how large of a battery to use? The components are F550 frame, NANZA V2, E300 Power system, iOSD Mini, FPV TX, Radio RX, H3-3D Gimbal, & GoPro. The two Lipo's that I am considering is the Maxx Amps 6500 14.8v 4 cell which weighs in @ 639g & the 9000 14.8v 4 cell which weighs in @ 862g. I realize that the max takeoff weight is maxed out @ 2400g, but I cant find all the weights of the components. I am not sure if it would be overweight or fly like a dog with the 9K(which is the battery I would prefer for extra flight time). I also had one additional question, how is the H3-3D and the GoPro controlled without a second Tx/Rx set? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Electro 2

I realize that the max takeoff weight is maxed out @ 2400g, but I cant find all the weights of the components. I am not sure if it would be overweight or fly like a dog with the 9K (which is the battery I would prefer for extra flight time). I also had one additional question, how is the H3-3D and the GoPro controlled without a second Tx/Rx set? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Don't plan any installation that flys at max weight. A 550 an w/H3 on board sounds like a pair of 3.3s to me, maybe a pair of 2.7s. For short flights, some 2.2s would be handy to have around, too. Really large packs will actually *shorten* flight times as they weigh a lot and require the power system to work harder to keep the aircraft aloft. There will be a optimal point in pack size. In order to address any gimbal/camera commands you need a big radio. Since the FC eats the first 8 channels for flight control, (for DJI products, 7 for some others), you'd want a 10 or 12 channel radio to give you the extra channels for camera control. On my big bird I use a 14 channel and would ideally like a 16 at some point. Actress Jayne P. Morgan used to say, "You can never be too rich or too thin." Well, in RC there is no such thing as too many channels on a radio system. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toxifera

Don't plan any installation that flys at max weight. A 550 an w/H3 on board sounds like a pair of 3.3s to me, maybe a pair of 2.7s. For short flights, some 2.2s would be handy to have around, too.

Hey Electro 2, Thanks again for the response. Please excuse me for being dense, but does 3.3s mean 3300mah lipo? Have a good one.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

wolph42

I think he does. About the number of channels. How on earth do you get to 8 for the FC? There roll pitch yaw thrust which makes 4, undoubtedly you'll have some fail save button or return home or whatnot which makes it 5 or 6. So how do you get to 8?

@op: what king of props?

Toxifera

Found my answer to the E600 question on the Empire Hobby website. The answer was no.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I think he does. About the number of channels. How on earth do you get to 8 for the FC? There roll pitch yaw thrust which makes 4, undoubtedly you'll have some fail save button or return home or whatnot which makes it 5 or 6. So how do you get to 8?

@op: what king of props?

Channels - cyclics 4, IOC - 1, RTH - 1, Gimbal Control - 1, Throttle Hold - 1, Aux (led switch) - 1 that's 9 that I use.