Newbie from the UK

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi Guys,

I'm Gunter and I come from Tadley, Hampshire. I fly a Draganflyer X4 which I will be selling in the very near future, to fund a larger Droidworx frame with MK internals, to carry a bigger payload.

I have done a few videos with the X4 which you can see on my YouTube channel They are done at pretty low altitude, mostly because I need to get a bit more practice at flying higher and further away...something which I am starting to do now. I also have a CAA licence, so I'm geared to do work commercially, although I haven't had the chance to get started due to other work commitments.

I have been checking the site out and I'm very impressed. My MK build is going to start soon and I'm sure I will be on here regularly asking questions...please forgive me in advance!

Here's my first question...after browsing the MK wiki forums extensively, it appears that there isn't a decent guide on building a Mikrokopter, from start to finish. The Wiki is okay, but it isn't really that good for someone like me, who has limited experience in building multi rotor craft. Has anyone put anything together?

Cheers,

Gunter.

Sebbie

Gunter,
Welcome its nice to see an new user from Tadley.
If your going to use the MK internals for commercial use, then you will need to ask MK for a licence to use their Software/firmware.
I think its about £900.00 or there abouts, just for your info, im not the MK Police :)
Hope you have fun, the MK Hexa 2 i smy next build, and your right the build wiki is poor, But with the new MK Distributor http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/?PageID=Mikrokopter_Kits&subCat=26 itll be easier to source UK support.

Sebbie :)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks for the replies guys. Sebbie, I didn't realise the licence was so much...never mind, I will sort that out when I go commercial.