New tricopter for me

i have just built my first tricopter weighing in at 2.4lbs total flying weight with 3s 2250 lipos i get about 8 minutes of flight. i have 750kv rctimer bc3635 motors, flycolor 40A esc, kk2 with 1.5 simonk firmware, hand carved HDU Foam body 1/2" wood dowels for legs. My radio is a Futaba 6j. i have attached some pictures before escs and motors installed. and a link to my video of it flying (in25mph wind) on Youtube. http://youtu.be/h703uGo7WxE. tell me what you think. it folds down just like the RCexplorer. i plan on getting a Mandelin Case or small rifle case for transport
View attachment 9824View attachment 9823View attachment 9822

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 293
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 301
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 369

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Pretty good flying considering you are in an open building(turbulence) and flying in 25mph! I still dont really understand how a tri works, it's the one config I havent played with. Doesnt it need a servo to steer? What was the draw to this over a quad? I can see the perk of not having any props in view but that can be accomplished in other ways on a quad.

Breezemont

Ooooh, that body is sexaaay!
Have you tried shorter arms?

The big advantage in a tri is the yaw. Using a servo to tilt the motor rather than the opposing prop scheme all other multis use means it flies more like a heli or plane. You can get away with using all the same direction props as well, it just looks funny because it flies with a tilt.

It does fly more like a heli or airplane. If you run one counter rotating prop the tilt goes away. I like the mechanics of the servo action and had the parts in my tool bin. I also like the fast maneuverability of the tri. You don't get prop wash wiggle when stopping hard. Also the tricopter doesn't show the props when taking onboard video. Haven't tried shorter arms yet. I like the stability I get with them now but when I break one I will probably try it. It's just wood dowel

Nellen0

Its really nice and informative topic i really like it i get most of useful informations from here its really cooperative community and i hope i will get certain informations which i need.....?