New Motors

Chalagi

The MT2814-11 motor weights 120 Grams compare to my existing motor that weights 52 Grams. And the tiger isn't cheap either.

kloner

Aerial DP
the motors you show looking at for replacement are smaller and less watts handling that whats on it now..... Your better off with a shorter larger diameter for what your doing, 300 watts or better if you plan going fast or carrying a real cam. overkill is fine,,, were all overkilled on the esc's

your hovering between 25 and 30 amps split between 6 motors is 4-5 amps an esc empty. how much weight you load on it makes it change as well as the prop you use but i do 60mph right at 60 amp draws split over 4 motors at 2.1kilo

Chalagi

I was trying to find some motors that are better than what i run now. That also will not break the budget unless I just have to. My motors seem ok, but you know how folks are "Better, better, faster"

v84x4

Total Noob
Don't mean to HiJack your thread Chalagi
But I thought it best instead of asking the same question in a new thread

I am also looking to get faster and bigger payload as I start to buy FPV equipment

I have been reading this forum for 2 days now and with so many options, combinations
& Preferences....................... i'm more confused than ever before

I don't mind spending the money on some GOOD motors. just don't want to do it twice
(Dad always told me if your gonna do it, Then Do It right the first time)

I want to run 4S 4000mAh on the bottom of my F450 (6" Legs) with a Go-Pro for now
till I learn more about FPV

So Whats the best motor out there and what KV should I be looking for?

What do you think about these?
A20-50S.jpg

http://abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=20

Any GuRu's in here that are willing to make a decision for me please ????

Regards in advance....Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
most people that want power are in the 900kv - 1000kv,,,,,, 750 is a better lower kv setup for an extra 30-60 sec a pack but less power doing it to use, 4s and 9" prop,,,,,,,,, the 900-1000 can go 8" on 4s, 10" on 3s, then you got 1300kv and those like 8"-9" prop on 3s........

some motors call themselves by there outside dimmension, others by the outside stator size. The motors you have now, purple ones are numbered by there outside diameter. the motors your looking at getting are by stator size. 22mm motors like the t-power linked are best in the 2216 and 900kv. to really make power, the 2814 are king klick, same situation with kv and prop sizes, just does it with less sweat. on mine, it gets lower amp draws with a bigger heavier motor doing the same thing a lighter more efficient motor stressing out does....... When you tilt a naza on end for fff, it tilts as far as the motors are giving enough power to sustain atti.......... more power means it tilts up on end further and faster. That's what you see me doing

Chalagi

So with what you just stated. If I buy the MT2216-11 motors for my DJI F550 Hexacopter they would not work as hard or heat up as much as the motors that I run now. Believe me I"m not a mulitrotor grugu at all. So I pretty much take stock in what has been stated. If I have misunderstood you please feel free to say so.

kloner

Aerial DP
the t-motors are a great option in the middle price range. on the lower end is ipower,,,, upper end avroto/axi

the rctimers you got are alright not known for lasting forever, but are widely used. i never have.

as far as heat or workload i'd need more info like how heavy is it? how fast are you trying to go? whats your eventual plan or is it already there

Chalagi

Rigth now I run 3S-5000Mah and 4S-5000Mah batteries using 8" & 10" props. the take off weight of the Hexa is 1200G to 2400G. I has added landing gear that about 170G and a gps along with a gopro. And thats pretty much the end of the addons for me no FPV for my rig. I believe right now my rig weights in at 2100G to 2250G and as far as fast flying pretty much standard type nothing maxed out lol.

DesJardins

T-motors are so much more efficient, run cooler and do have power. Then again I haven't used the others mentioned except stockers

kloner

Aerial DP
the 900kv t-motors will do it...... straight replacement for what your doing

nothing makes heat till it gets maxed,, in motors thats watts so it's all in how it's used. cheap motors aren't always a problem, bad bearings are, cheap props make heat. lots of things make motors act up.

Chalagi

I think that the CF props that I use now perform much better in that manner than the standard flexible type props. The CF props have very little flex and hey seem to fly really good on the hexa. I think that the 3S-5000 batteries on 10" props push my motors pretty hard.