New lunchbreak flier

Lazarus

Hi all, I'm new to the hobby. Just bought an Ominus FPV a couple weeks ago and have been out practicing on days when the weather hasn't been too horrible. Currently working at home through a blizzard, so I think that will be coming to an end for a little while! For now I figured I would do some research based on what I've learned so far and get ready for when the weather breaks.

Be on the lookout for questions! Any suggestions as to which sub-forum is more active for beginner questions on flying and modifications to an Ominus?

Thanks,
Laz

ProfEngr

There are a couple of TX and RX mods for the non-FPV version on youtube that you might adapt to the FPV. I haven't had time to try them yet. Traxxis(sp?) is supposed to have harder prop shafts that fit. There's a motor upgrade, but I'm not sure if it fits the FPV or just the non-FPV models. I'm interested in upgrading the crap excuse for an antenna on the camera. I posted pics of it on the ProDRENALIN thread.

Lazarus

Thanks Prof, I'll take a look for those. I've seen plenty on the motors and props, but nothing yet on the tx like you mentioned. My plan is to learn with it stock and with the stabilization on, and once I'm decent and using the FPV I'll start swapping motors, etc and turn off the stabilization. Pretty sure the motors are the same btw, so the mmw upgrade should work.

The tx is interesting though cause I was hoping to turn down the rudder sensitivity. I'm flying outside and once you get some speed up its tough to do anything but sharp turns. Might just be me though too!

ProfEngr

Just remember, FPV is by wifi so there will be greater lag as distance increases. At close range it will barely be flyable via FPV. It's not like the FatShark et al 5.8G realtime downlinks.