New Gaui 950 Multi Rotor Flyer Series

SamaraMedia

Hey guys, I need to retire a Rusty's UAP 1 900 size hex I built since he went out of business recently, parts will no longer be available and mostly - transporting is a b***h. I'm looking into a 900 size quad, hex, Y6 or X8 for my next build and want it to be transportable. While I love the Aeronavics machines they're just a little to much for my budget at this time. I like the DJI S900 but don't want to necessarily be locked into one brand even though it is a proven winner by most people with a Zenmuse with GH4. Tarot seems to have decent gear and been around a while but the new Gaui 950 series has my interest. Looks well built and relatively affordable given I have most of the things needed to get it in the air from my current setup. Wondering if anyone has had a chance encounter with this machine and had an opinion. MultiRotorPilot Magazine did a favorable write up with monster KDE motors.

Thanks as always

John

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
It's looks OK, but MAN, that price! The Tarot X6 is like $450 with retracts... And I have 2 sets of the Tarot Retracts they rock.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 10.09.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 10.09.38 AM.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 233

SamaraMedia

Buckles looks spiffy, not sure how they will handle vibration but nice concept. I have the Tarot retracts on my hex now, they are sweet. Tarot X6 is also nice and definitely can save some money. The 950Q as an X8 seems to rock though, maybe something down the road. The Tarot umbrella X6 solid?

SamaraMedia

One of the things that concerns me on the Tarot is the motor mounts, some claim to have screws or the molded in nuts strip or can't get them loose. The Gaui has aluminum motor mounts and the X4 can be converted to an X8 relatively easy it seems. The 950 maybe priced higher but I'm hoping the build quality is also higher. Any chance you guys will get one for review?