New Forum Area!! Beginners' Questions and Lounge

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I suppose this should have happened a long time ago but it's here now so all you new guys, feel free to jump in and start asking whatever the hell you'd like!!

What does 4S mean?
How many mah does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
How do I pronounce solder?

You guys know the questions I'm talking about......I don't mind them one bit, it's how we weave the fabric of our forum and how the new guys develop themselves and their place here. But..........but........but if having a forum just for beginners helps beginners to feel more comfortable asking the questions that have been dogging them as they surf and study the rest of the site, then so be it, here's the place where they can kick off their shoes and feel free to ask whatever they'd like.

Newbs of the world, unite!

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Why did my Phantom i just ordered crash?
I have a job that requires a RED Epic, can someone tell me what I need to lift it and should I get a wookong? Ive never flown before.
Will my f450 lift my gopro?
How much should I charge for professional f550/gopro footage per day?
I just bought a gimbal from Hobby King, how far can i fly with fatsharks?
Does the human head really weigh 8 lbs?

RobertsUp

Why did my Phantom i just ordered crash?
I have a job that requires a RED Epic, can someone tell me what I need to lift it and should I get a wookong? Ive never flown before.
Will my f450 lift my gopro?
How much should I charge for professional f550/gopro footage per day?
I just bought a gimbal from Hobby King, how far can i fly with fatsharks?
Does the human head really weigh 8 lbs?

Why is water wet?

Hmmm... funny! But I'm not too sure we got off on a good foot here. I think Bart was looking for something that "helps beginners to feel more comfortable asking the questions"... lol

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hmmm... funny! But I'm not too sure we got off on a good foot here. I think Bart was looking for something that "helps beginners to feel more comfortable asking the questions"... lol

hmmmm......not quite what I had in mind but it should catch on before too long. if not, it's there for whenever anyone wants to get it started.

ChrisViperM

Great idea....long time needed. Over the last couple of month the ammount of newbees increased, and they tend to ask the same questions over and over again, so I guess by glancing through a dedicated Forum area, rather than weeding through the entire Forum, they might get their questions answered just by reading.

If some people like to write up some basic tutorials (LiPo's and charging, soldering, clean build-tips....) this might be a good place to have it in form of "stickies"......just don't know how to administer that. Writing someting up and get it approved and "sticked" by administrators....?

Would be a great idea to shift "typical" "beginners threads" from the past few month (some are really very informative) to this new Forum section.
Can't be a big thing to find them due to our great Forum-search tool......:tennis:

If you want to make sure all neewbs questions are landing in the new section, please write this Section in bold red letters:

Beginners Questions and Lounge !!!

Otherwise you will spend most of your time shifting threads........or you can forget it altogether. Thankfully a few guys here like to help beginners, but can't spend the whole day on the computer, and it makes helping a lot easier if they just have to monitor the "Beginners Lounge"....so I guess it might work, but only if done consequently.

PS: You can start right away with this one: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12650-Newbie-New-build-radio-question

Chris