New battery, got problems...great!

SDB777

Just received a few batteries from HK(the Jacksonville Arkansas warehouse). Same type Turnigy 3S 3600mAh as I already have......
{Shipping took three days, I live 4 miles away....}

Removed them from packaging and put them on the Venom charger(balanced too) until they completed a cycle(showed finished).
Freshly charged battery in the Futaba 8FGS, as always.

Turn on radio.
Plug in new battery on DJI F450 w/NAZA M.
{No sound on start-up(the tune that plays in descending tones)/but LED's flash normal start-up}
Then nothing but 'yellow' flashing LED.
No start up of motors?? I don't know what to do now......really depressing to know this thing has given me no fly-time, and nothing but problems!

I was at least able to get the tune to play, and LED lights to flash, with a motor start-up three days ago(before new battery)! Now nothing...

Anyone feel like helping here?
What is happening?

Scott (this sucks) B

SDB777

The Tx and Rx must be working....I could move the camera in the gimbal up and down via the "LS" slider?

Put it on the Assistant....
Sliders are working in correct sequence.

Ran calibration.
Camera tilting control is gone now....nothing.
Motors will not move during 'testing'....nothing.

Took it outside and did the Compass calibration....

LED goes through the RYGRYG GGGG YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY YYYY GGGGGGGGGGG, then it does GGR GGR(etc for GPS), or YYR YYR(etc for ATT), or {R R R R...then nothing in Manual).

This is far too confusing, why can't chit just work the way it is supposed too?

[MENTION=12857]NegativePitch[/MENTION] ?

Scott (figures....) B

Last edited by a moderator:

SDB777

Just got off the phone with DJI Tech Support in California.

Told him everything that was happening............................put me on hold for 14minutes{don't even have any cool musak to listen to}, and then came back and told me he didn't know what was happening. But I could send the entire quad into them for 4 to 6 weeks, pay for any repairs and replacement part(s). Awesome.....I don't think I'm handing a blank check to anyone just yet.

The closest dealer to me looks to be in Southaven, MS.....that is a long drive through a chitload of construction on I40!

Can anyone tell me how to reset the NAZA M unit?(is it even possible)

The radio is doing everything exactly like it is supposed to do through the Assistant except the 'motor test'. Unplug from Assistant, and it will not power up the motor but doing the CSC.... Guess I need to shoot a video. Maybe someone can visualize it a little better? EDIT: Trying to load the video into YouTube, dang slow internet stuff here. It will be real late before this 4min video loads......

Scott (suckpill is big for me) B

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

You can reset the Naza by jumpering F1 and F2 using a servo cable. Power up with the jumper in place and then power cycle the unit. I don't think that is your issue. Check how you have the escs plugged into the Naza. Is it possible that they are in upside down? Check your sticks to make sure that they are not reversed. Also, here is a small fuse in the trace between the lipo pads and the motors. I think that I burned one up one time and had to jumper the positive lead from the lipo pad to the positive lead on the motor to the left of the pads. It has been a while but if you have no power to the motors you will get nothing. But that still leaves the Naza working unless you have it wired differently? Just some random thoughts that hopefully will get you moving in the right direction.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Are the signal wires from the ESC plugged in the correct way round? As we're not hearing the ESC make an initialisation noise upon startup the problem must be with the ESC connections somewhere.

SDB777

Are the signal wires from the ESC plugged in the correct way round? As we're not hearing the ESC make an initialisation noise upon startup the problem must be with the ESC connections somewhere.

Unless the wiring became 'ghostly' and moved by themselves....nah, nothing was moved while it was sitting for the three days.

After checking some connections with a simple light-meter....I think the main control board(lower board) has 'issues'. I can jump electricity to the ESC's(and all make a tone). I'll need to find a better way to check my theory, as I don't have a multi-meter anywhere(and I don't know anyone close by that might have one either--I'll have to wait until Monday and find out if one of the mechanics at work has one). I'd love to check for continuity on the ground side.....

In case it is the lower control board, does anyone know where to get a replacement board? Preferably in the US....

Scott (this ruined my weekend) B

SDB777

Found a bottom plate...guess three days won't be much longer to wait. Heli-pad had them in stock!

Thinking it will be much easier to start from the beginning and work towards a solution.

Scott (LifeSavers are good) B

SDB777

New lower board arrived this afternoon...too pooped to do anything about it today. Maybe tomorrow I can get to de-soldering and soldering?

Scott (dog loves the smell of solder) B

leofuica

You can reset the Naza by jumpering F1 and F2 using a servo cable. Power up with the jumper in place and then power cycle the unit. I don't think that is your issue. Check how you have the escs plugged into the Naza. Is it possible that they are in upside down? Check your sticks to make sure that they are not reversed. Also, here is a small fuse in the trace between the lipo pads and the motors. I think that I burned one up one time and had to jumper the positive lead from the lipo pad to the positive lead on the motor to the left of the pads. It has been a while but if you have no power to the motors you will get nothing. But that still leaves the Naza working unless you have it wired differently? Just some random thoughts that hopefully will get you moving in the right direction.

Tahoe Ed
¿you can reset the Wookong as the same form like Naza or is different?