Aeronavics / Droidworx need suggestions for choosing lipo batteries for my skyjib 8

nileshafilms

Pankaj Sharma
Hi guys, for my skyjib 8 iam using MaxAmps 10900 6s battery. And i never had any problems in that. Now i want to buy 2 more sets of battery but i am confused in 2 makers.
MaxAmps 10900mah 6s has 120C rating price $ 429
GENS TATTU 12000mah 6s has 15C rating price $219

I am confused about C rating. Kindly suggest me which one i should buy. And your reviews about same.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
C rating as all about the discharge. 1C or 'capacities' as I like to call it (not actually what it stands for but you will see it makes sense) equate to 1xthe capacity of the battery thus if you have a 5amp battery rated at 1c it can discharge up to 5amps. Clearly a 10c 5000mAh battery could therefore discharge at 50 amps and a 100C battery at 500amps etc etc. Most multis require somewhere from about 10-15C upwards. Be ware with the Maxamps though as they quote their peak C rating and not their constant. Gens / Tattu quote their constant. If you see a battery rated as 15/50c this means it can handle a constant 15C with a burst of 50C every now and then. Hope that helps.

Finally, go with the Gens of the two above. Th Maxamps battery is probably very good quality but so to are Gens/Tattu but the price of the Maxamps make it a mad purchase.

kloner

Aerial DP
The tattu work really well.... super low internal resistance and they resist sag as good as i've seen from any packs.

teecee

Tattu had a Black Friday sale yesterday. Not sure if it is still on but they were offering 30%off. I bought 6 16000MAH 15C 6S packs for a very good price (relatively speaking...)

Hi Carapau, you are very much right about the C rate explanation.
And so glad to here that you enjoy the experience of Tattu battery, we are going to hold Chrismas Shopping Season activity on our US online shop www.genstattu.com from New York Time 15th, December.

GensTattu Anna