need help with resolving unstability flight issue using naza, turnigy 9x

ya lun

hi, i have an issue with landing/taking off too sudden, not a smooth landing/taking off instead. what should i do? i already done with necessary calibration for imu via assistant software. i need help and i dont know whether it is the naza controller issue or the turnigy 9x setting issue. thanks.

the link below is the pictures of controller setting for turnigy 9x.

https://entuedu-my.sharepoint.com/p...docid=0851715114af143858ed01c3eb8214a93&rev=1

the screenshot for imu calibration. already done with basic and advance calibration.

GetFileAttachment

video link for the short clip

OldGazer

The take off was fine, but you stayed on the ground too long. Once you arm the motors, get the aircraft into the air where it belongs.

For the "landing", it looks like the aircraft is severely under powered, but to know for sure we need to know the specifications for this aircraft, like total weight with EVERYTHING installed, battery capacity and cell count, motor size and Kv rating, prop length and pitch (12" x 3.8", 13" x 5.5", etc).

Another key point is, does the aircraft lift off AT or ABOVE 50% throttle (MID STICK).

One thing that will help is putting some landing gear on...

I looked at the radio settings and you are using a helicopter profile. MAKE A NEW MODEL AND US AN AIRPLANE PROFILE!!!!!

ya lun

hi, for the specs of the aircraft.

4 x Tarot 5008 340 Kv
2 pairs of (18 x 5.5) Tarot carbon fiber props (CW & CCW)
6s 22.2v 4000mah battery
weight estimation including landing gear is about 4.5kg (below 5kg)
naza v2 controller (without gps module)

to fly a uav, may i know whether i need to have gps module for the naza v2 controller? i have checked online, it seemed to counter the instability issue when taking off/flying in the mid air.

for turnigy 9x, how do i ensure the setting is airplane mode? i have followed online and selected the appropriate mode for uav. how do i create a new model if necessary? also, i have issue with the radio control especially the throttle stick has to be above the middle point slightly then the aircraft is taken off. how do i set the setting such that i do not have to take off at the mid point?

the turnigy 9x control is also not sensitive enough to control the aircraft. example like adjusting the transmitter sticks abit, the aircraft should respond immediately with minimum latency.

this is the latest clip i have.

may i know for tarot x4 motor mount, is there any way i could secure or tighten the position so that when the aircraft crashed, the motor mount should not be shifted? i always have to adjust the motor mount each time the position is not aligned properly.

http://image.helipal.com/tarot-x4-big005.jpg

OldGazer

You have soooo much to learn and your expectations are way off...

First off, I don't know anything about NAZA. I use APM and Pixhawk. My guess would be to use the GPS.

Second, for the radio you really need to read the manual. To tell if the profile you are using is for an airplane or not, turn the radio on and let it initialize. If you see the outline of an airplane on the screen you are good to go. If you see a helicopter you need to pick a different model. The steps are covered in the manual.

Third, you want to aircraft to lift off slightly above mid stick and hover at mid stick.

Fourth, how quickly the aircraft responds to stick movement has little or nothing to do with the radio because the NAZA flight controller is controlling the aircraft. This is situation that will be best resolved by referring to the documentation for the NAZA.

I will say that after watching the video clip, it looks like the roll and pitch PID controller Proportional (P) gain may be just a tad too low.

Finally, about the descent and landing.... Take it easy on the throttle. Had you taken out just a tad less throttle the aircraft would have had a slower rate of descent and would not have bounced on landing.

To keep the motor mounts from twisting you might try putting a single layer of cellophane (Scotch) tape around the carbon tube. This works very will with the plastic mounts on a Tarot 680 Pro....

ya lun

oh ok. i will re-look for the setting. the turnigy 9x manual i can look out is from this link, http://www.personal-drones.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Turnigy-9x.pdf

for the PID controller, how do i know how much i have to adjust? is there any calculation or measurement tool i can use to adjust based on the aircraft spec? or i just input the values randomly?

i will try to do it as per your advice for the motor mount. the tarot frame i have, the design for the motor mount is quite not efficient. i always had the problem when the motor mount is shifted each time and hard time to align properly.

redcloud

I've been watching this thread. I have similar issues. I built a Hex and I also have a lot to learn. I'm having some instability issues.
Isn't 4.5 kilos pretty heavy for a quadcopter?
Anyway, I hope you're making progress. I didn't think of posting a video of mine, but from the advice OldGazer gave, it was effective.
Good luck.

(my setup follows)
Homebuilt DJI 550 Hexacopter
Naza V2 w/GPS
FrSky Taranis X9D Plus
X8R Receiver
PropDrive 800KV 20-30S
Afro 30amp ESC
10 inch props
2.2mah 3s battery