Need help with 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver antenna/range

So i have this cheapy transmitter and receiver from Hobby King I know most of ya have heard of it or maybe have it lol its the Hobby King 2.4 Ghz 6 channel Tx n Rx. I have 2 of them and on one I get pretty good range from it on my 450mm quad and then I have the other one that wont go too far like not even 30 feet from me before I lose signal and crash :( So I am wondering what could be wrong here? I know that the receiver shrink wrap tubing on the antenna kinda coming off, so I am thinking maybe that could be why Im getting signal lost? idk lol if anyone knows whats up with my problem or has come across this problem with this tx n rx combo let me know please! I already ordered a new better tx n rx combo that will replace the hobby king one but I still wanna keep them around for other builds... thanks guys for reading!

jbrumberg

Are you using the KK board with this build and out of curiousity have you done a Rx "range" receiver test with that bad Tx-Rx combination, and have you tried binding the "good" Tx with the ? Rx to see if that changes anything range-wise? I am just thinking/posting. Good luck. Jay

Are you using the KK board with this build and out of curiousity have you done a Rx "range" receiver test with that bad Tx-Rx combination, and have you tried binding the "good" Tx with the ? Rx to see if that changes anything range-wise? I am just thinking/posting. Good luck. Jay
Yes I have been flying with my kk2.0 fc and too be honest I haven't don't a range test with the bad one but I'll give it a try this weekend thanks for the options I will try them! Oh n today I got my multiwii fc so I'll probably try it with that too!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Getting back to the OP, sounds like you have a faulty Rx, send it back for refund or replacement or drop it in the bin and get a new one.

Pete