Need help understanding a FPV video build

TitanTn

I'm completely new to the drone building world and have been trying to soak as much in as possible, but it's a little bit like drinking from a fire hydrant. So there's a little context.

I have a Tarot 650 Pro with a Tarot 4T-3D gimbal and a GoPro 3+. The flight controller is a Ardu 2.6. Radio is a Devo7.

I'm trying to understand how to transmit the video from the camera to my phone so I can see what I'm doing while flying. I have the Eachine R051 receiver so that I can catch the video signal and display it on the phone. My confusion is with wiring in the VTX (which I don't currently own).

All of the VTX devices I see for purchase have a 3.3-5v power lead for the VTX board - I understand that. The part I don't understand is the single wire video feed with the "camera power" connections. My camera is activated when the drone is turned on. The camera is plugged into the gimbal and the gimbal controller has two wires (black and white) going from the gimbal controller to the radio receiver. I don't understand why the video output leads are plugged into the receiver (this is how it was when I purchased the drone).

If I install a VTX, the single wire video connection is accompanied by positive and ground wire for the camera. This presents two problems:

1 - my camera already has power from the gimbal and main 6s battery. Why do I need to do something with camera power out of the VTX?

2 - The VTX has one wire input for video. The video output wires from my gimbal controller are two wires (black and white). How do I reconcile that?

I've tried to be as detailed as possible so that hopefully it illustrates my issue. Thanks for help/direction.