Need help setting up failsafe on Naza

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Hello,

I have recently built a FlameWheel F450 / Naza. This is my first quad, and really having a lot of fun flying (as opposed to crashing and fixing a cp heli). My problem is I cannot get the the Naza to go into failsafe mode when I turn off the transmitter.

TX - Spektrum DX7 setup in heli mode.
RX - AR6100E

I have setup the RX in the preset failsafe mode. Attitude or Manual mode is controlled by the gear switch. When I bound the RX to TX, I had the throttle set to 50% I know it works, as I can see the throttle move to 50% in the assistant when I turn off the TX.
I have created a program mix that allows me to manually put it into failsafe mode my switching on the Aux 2. When I did the preset failsafe, I had the Aux 2 in the on position as well as the throttle set at 50%. When I turned off the transmitter throttle moves to 50%, but it stays in either the A or M mode (which ever it was in at time of binding). If possible, I'd like to keep the Aux 2 channel free to turn on the LEDs when I get them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Lee

Bella7821

I'm still a beginner and learning but I have my DX fail safe set to 10% (from what I was told to do)
Maybe 50% is too high and over riding the NAZA.

from what I thought, when you lose signal or flip the switch the radio and the NAZA both go into fail safe but the NAZA will over rice the radio and preform a SWEET SOFT landing.
That what mine does, every time I take it out I show everybody the auto land and turn off my radio and set it on the ground and we all watch in awe as it comes down (drifts with the wind) and lands perfect.
Since my radio is set to 10% I think that's why after landing then the radio fail safe takes over and my props just spin (about the CSC arming speed) until I turn the radio back on.