Need help putting together multi copter with many questions.

Larry9901

Hello all,
first and foremost, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm a first time poster!

i have several ideas going through my mind about what to purchase, also many questions.

1) I plan on using my futaba 9c transmitter. I'm confused if I should use the 72mhz module, or my fasst 2.4 module? I think I have read somewhere that 72mhz is preferred for fpv? Please advise.
2) I plan on using a f450 paired with a naza m v2 with GPS for the ship.
3) gimbal, I'm confused if I should get the zenmuse or if I should save some money and go with the tarot. If I opted for the tarot, what else needs to go with it to make it work? Ie: any other electronic components etc etc. what are the pros and cons of both?
4) fpv, what is the preferred brand and model? Also, any other accessories needed to make this work? What frequency is desired for fpv? - I'm kind of confused here
5) I've seen the terms Bluetooth module and IOSD mentioned here. What exactly are they used for?

basically, I'd like to know how everything works together and what is the proven route without having to necessarily buy the most expensive.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Regards,
larry

Larry

Welcome to Multirotor Forums and the wonderful world of MR's.

I am no expert but can share a few lessons I have. Futaba should do you well... you need min 4 channels just to fly 8 will serve you better especially as you want to add camera etc. Naza V2 with GPS is pretty good (i have one) you will need additional channels from the 4 to operate GPS etc effectively. As far as freq i am no expert but from my understanding the 72mhz will probably go further but need to be careful of interference and latency. pretty much most use 2.4 as their radio freq and different freq for video link. I have the Zenmuse and it works(ed) great until I had a crash and damaged it and now in processes of getting it repaired. but i was very happy with its results and was easy to get setup and working. No need to add it straight away. I waited a few months until I was comfortable with just flying etc (the crash was due to high gust of wind I think)
Bluetooth module will just allow you to adjust gains more easily while flying rather than taking up another TX channel. If you have the bluetooth with the datalink you can do waypoint autonomous flying again wait till you get comfortable with flying it yourself first. IOSD is a image overlay on your video feed which gives you information about altitude, air speed, home direction and battery voltage (accuracy is up for debate) again nice to have not necessary. The DJI IODSII does data logging as well were the mini does not. if you have video feed you need ground station monitor and video receiver aerials and power source. Speaking of power you need to get a handfull of decent batteries and spend the money on a good charger.... it all adds up.

the f450 will be a good starting platform but weight will be a factor especially if you want to add on all those options.

Their is a new group build thread that is just stating and they are doing the 450's and 550's going over everything you should follow that they will answer majority of your questions.

OkaNare

Thanks for the info.

What are your opinions for a good, competitive prices fpv setup?

There are a few factors really namely, your location, how long you are willing to wait for overseas shipments to land on your door front and the time you allocate yourself to hunt for bargains. I myself am in the UK & the local prices are always more than what outsiders pay in their respective countries. I have purchased most of my equipment from Hobbyking, banggood or some other chinese sellers either on ebay or alibaba. Usually the deliveries take up to 20 days to arrive but the low price is well worth the wait(for me anyway). I think if you are aiming really low on cost you could get a kit from about $300 going up, these are hexacopters that I am on about. As for quads they could be even lower.