Need HELP Naza Lite Power Issues??? Quadcopter

Marrrr

Just finished installing a Tarot 2d Gimbal on my RC Time Spider frame (450).
I added LED lights and a TX for video.

Since Completion of built (adding those three items), I can no longer take off.....
It feels like there isn't enough power or something???? It wants to take off but just doesn't have enough power.

Before those items were added I noticed little power in the throttle. In Manual you felt it but not in attitude or gps. But still flyable.

Ive tried all three different flight modes and still can't get it take off or stay in air just wants to come down (throttle on controller fully up) (after a foot) or batteries just Die instantly.

I also tried just powering up the quad and same thing.

I am using a NAZA Lite with gps
Devo 7e Controller
i have Tmotors 2212 980kv
using 9x5 carbon props
all 3s batts

Please help... I don't know what else to try...

Let me know if pictures will help more than happy to post some.

Tahoe Ed

You are underpowered for that kind of weight. You need some bigger motors and props but they won't fit on your 450 frame. Time to go big or go home. I would also move to 4-6S power while you are at it.

Have you used eCalc? it is your friend when seeing if a proposed setup will work. You want to be able to hover at 50% power.

Marrrr

So theres no way of keeping what i have already and just switching the frame to a carbon 450 frame?

Really don't want to start all over.... If anything would love to just switch out the frame....

Need more options.... :upset:

Tahoe Ed

Loose some weight. The motors are probably rated for 400-500gm per motor. That puts you at about 2kg. That is a big difference from 12 pounds or over 5kg. My F550 hexa weighs 2.87kg with 2x4000 4S lipos, H3-2D, A2 controller, AeroXcraft landing gear and lightbridge. I think it is pretty much a pig. Check and see exactly how much your craft weighs and then start making some decisions.

Marrrr

The Spider frame is at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.600 kg for weight. Is there any other lighter 450 frame? I can't take anything off.. I need everything on there...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know if you can see in this pic but this frame does have two bigger holes where the motors go.... Could this frame handle bigger motors? If so which ones should i get???[/FONT]

Marrrr

Attachments

• 1385338833.jpg
    1385338833.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 392

Marrrr

Ecalc is a rough estimate you. rough being here is where I'm at.... so that doesn't always work for the best but still helps point in a general direction....

This isn't the first time someone has tried to build a tarot 2d on a 450 frame...

Guess my true question to you or to who ever is what would be the ideal settings to get this build. I mean the freaking phantom can get that up why can't mine??

Marrrr

Update
Weighed my fat cat and he comes In as 11.8lbs. My quad feels like half that.

So now back to one. Can't be weight....

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Update
Weighed my fat cat and he comes In as 11.8lbs. My quad feels like half that.

So now back to one. Can't be weight....

Can't be weight huh? You are using a 450 frame, 9x5 props and 980Kv motors with a 3s battery.

I am going to put this very simple, YOU ARE TOO HEAVY.

Drop your Kvs lower, increase your prop size, increase your battery to a 4 to 6 cell, get rid of the Naza lite as Nazas have a weight limitation and get a frame bigger than a 600, probably in the 800 size.

My Discovery Pro with all my FPV gear, without GoPro weighs in just over 2.2 pounds, GoPro weighs 2.5 ounces, battery weighs 1.1 pounds for a total of 3Lb 5.5 Ounces and it is heavy. Either your numbers are off or you have too much weight, simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marrrr

Can't be weight huh? You are using a 450 frame, 9x5 props and 980Kv motors with a 3s battery.

I am going to put this very simple, YOU ARE TOO HEAVY.

Drop your Kvs lower, increase your prop size, increase your battery to a 4 to 6 cell, get rid of the Naza lite as Nazas have a weight limitation and get a frame bigger than a 600, probably in the 800 size.

My Discovery Pro with all my FPV gear, without GoPro weighs in just over 2.2 pounds, GoPro weighs 2.5 ounces, battery weighs 1.1 pounds for a total of 3Lb 5.5 Ounces and it is heavy. Either your numbers are off or you have too much weight, simple as that.

It's def no 12lbs sorry :x
It's about 5.5lbs

I ordered 10x5 props today. But I can't do 4s batts cause the tmotor 2212 980kv I'm using maxs at 3s.

I really hope adding the 10x5 will make it back to normal. But idk....

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
10s will not do too much, might just over heat your motors and will probably kill your 3s. What is the discharge rating on the battery? is it getting hot when you try to take off?

Marrrr

I've tried multiple different batts ranging from 2000-3300 all 3s all connected to lipo alarm. Same results .....

Marrrr

Thinking about switching out frame and going to the tarot f650 frame. I just can't understand why this won't take off

STI-REX

Gettin Old
It's def no 12lbs sorry :x
It's about 5.5lbs

I ordered 10x5 props today. But I can't do 4s batts cause the tmotor 2212 980kv I'm using maxs at 3s.

I really hope adding the 10x5 will make it back to normal. But idk....

Tiger motor 2212-13 980KV will run all day long on 4s with good 9X5 props APC MR props
I know as I have been running them in that configuration for over a year now at your weight I would not run them for too long on 4s with 10 X 5 props they will over heat but would be fine with 3s on 10x5 props

You really need to go to 4s for a HEAVY 450 with gimbal or try flying in manual mode if you are able (very twitchy but heaps more powerful )

I also run DJI 2212 920 kw with DJI 10x3.8 props all day on 4s but with a lighter quad for bashing around

Also fly this QAV400 with a gimbal all up weight= 1469 grams with FPV gear on 4s 2650mah 40c and get 7.5 minutes with APC 8X4.5 MR props but I mostly fly in manual or atti ( DJI 8x4.5 only for photo as they are rubbish )

I also run a Flying cinema Cinetank Quad on tiger 2212-13 980kv motors on 4s with 9x5 Graupners or APC 9x4.5MR props and it is quite literally a tank
And My QAV 520 with Gimbal weighs 2085grams all up weight and also runs a 5000mah 4s pack with 10 x 4.5 props

See the trend towards 4s power developing here

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I just did a quick ecalc, assumed 2500 mah batteries, 10x4.7 props. It agrees with what your observing. Says your not going to get off the ground. You either need more horsepower or less weight.