douglas wright

Greetings Everyone and Thank You : ))

This is my first time ever posting in a forum so please leave feedback if im not doing this right.

Problem: Whether im using my Quanum Fatshark Genesis V2 Goggles with FS Spironet 13DBI Patch and Makerfire Circular Polarized Antenna or a Black Pearl Monitor (not 32 unfortunately, the limited one just band F) with same antennas (I have tried a 5dbi FS dipole as well) I get literally 0-80M range LOS (no trees) and after that complete signal loss.

Notes: I have researched a bit and it seems that the quanum goggles are not true diversity but you would expect my black pearl monitor to be able to handle this setup farther out. I HAVE NOT purchased the RC832 receiver that goes with the TS832 VTX b/c im not sure that system will give me what im looking for. Some good advice would be much appreciated. I am newer to this hobby but spend 10-20hrs a week learning about my drone and working with it and mission planner so I am willing to put the time in to learn and do things right!!!!

Setup:
Tarot 680 Pro with 800mm booms, Pixhawk FC, 3DR tele/compass and power,
TS832 32 channel 5.8g vid transmitter with Circular polarized antenna.
Feiyutech mini 3d gimble with gopro 4 silver running FPV signal
Separate 915hz transmitter running tele to laptop with Mission Planner
Taranis X9D Plus with upgraded 5Dbi antenna.

Goal:
1000 meter LOS FPV range

Thanks for taking the time,

Doug

jamesb72

Have you double checked your antennae are correct sma/rp-sma one side should have a pin the other a hole so they connect correctly. I have seen people with really short range due to this (hole both sides) it can also damage vtx.

Secondly do you have another vtx to test against in case yours is faulty.

douglas wright

Have you double checked your antennae are correct sma/rp-sma one side should have a pin the other a hole so they connect correctly. I have seen people with really short range due to this (hole both sides) it can also damage vtx.

Secondly do you have another vtx to test against in case yours is faulty.

I have not checked recently but would assume its correct b/c it does work it just doesn't get much range. I will check tonight as soon as I get home. I don't have another VTX to text against but this is a good idea. Im curious if I need to just add a groundstation receiver and then run that signal to the goggles or monitor to get the 1000m range im looking for....would you agree?

jamesb72

80m is way too little for current setup so it must be something fairly basic. How much range is just guessing but should be a lot more than 80m and should go fuzzy well before signal drops completely so that suggests something basic.

Having multiple sets of vtx/vrx is invaluable for testing/diagnosing problems like this so well worth a small investment to save your time and stress.

douglas wright

80m is way too little for current setup so it must be something fairly basic. How much range is just guessing but should be a lot more than 80m and should go fuzzy well before signal drops completely so that suggests something basic.

Having multiple sets of vtx/vrx is invaluable for testing/diagnosing problems like this so well worth a small investment to save your time and stress.
Great feedback James! Thanks for replying so promptly. I will get another TS832 and check connections : ))