Need Advice between going FY690 Hybrid or full blown T960

DCAerial

Really excited about getting started and am fairly good with electronics but I want someone else to build my first one and learn from there...
Need advice between going with a FY690 Hybrid to make it an 810 length or does the pricing not matter and I should just go with the T960?
I need a very stable and versatile platform that I can upgrade later to fly a DSLR.
For now a GoPro.

Should I even consider a T960 as a freshman flyer or am I just asking for trouble?
Don't want to buy things twice...small DJI450 then realize I need a 960 etc

Thanks for any help...

mediaguru

Really excited about getting started and am fairly good with electronics but I want someone else to build my first one and learn from there...
Need advice between going with a FY690 Hybrid to make it an 810 length or does the pricing not matter and I should just go with the T960?
I need a very stable and versatile platform that I can upgrade later to fly a DSLR.
For now a GoPro.

Should I even consider a T960 as a freshman flyer or am I just asking for trouble?
Don't want to buy things twice...small DJI450 then realize I need a 960 etc

Thanks for any help...

I've been flying a Phantom 1.2 since October. Got sick of the instability and the crappy quality of the GoPro (photos). So I decided to go BIG with a 960. It is 80% built. I went bigger because I didn't want to build two.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Do you have any flying experience at all? I know no one wants to hear it (and I can relate) - but if you're just starting out you're really better off getting something smaller, more manageable and most importantly - cheap. Reason being: you will most likely crash - and the cost of replacing parts on a more expensive rig could cost the same as buying an entire small trainer quad.

The other thing to consider is that if you put together a decent smaller rig that can haul a gopro, your larger rig could later be dedicated to a more substantial camera when you're ready for that. Switching between cameras on the same MR can be a PITA unless you have fairly expensive quick-change mechanism. And chances are any 810-960 will be overkill for a gopro.

Just my 2¢