Ned a kit to build that can carry 2 lbs payload

land455

I am building a drone as a project for my geology class.
I need to use a geophysical device which can be 2 pounds. I am looking for a quadcopter kit which can carry the payload. I need to start building immediately. I decided to build a quadcopter for aesthetic reasons. I hope this device can be mounted on the drone. I need your advice.

Thanks.

land455

Budget is not an issue because it is a group project. We need the drone to have good range and flight time.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
two pounds (=/- 1000 grams) is not much payload.
The challenging part is to figure out all of the item weights that comprise the total aircraft or all under weight (AUW).
Things usually ended up heavier than the calculation would prove out.
There are many things you need to consider.
Have you flown a Multicopter before?
Motor redundancy/ failure risk priority?
What Flight Controller? Needed ease of set-up?
What RC TX & RX?
Total channels required?
Waypoint flying required?
Electronics isolation?
Payload vibration/ shock isolation?
How large (overall size L x w x h) is the payload?
Top or bottom mount payload?
Payload require separate power source?
Durability requirements?
Travel requirements... need to travel on a commercial airliner?
Landing gear requirements? Retracts required?
Minimum flight time required?
Pre-built RTF or DIY build-up?
There is actually way more engineering, calculating & planning required for a successful integration of a multicopter to a purpose than most would realize.
If you wish to provide the needed information I can suggest one of our products, or at least help define options. E-mail me from our website if you would like.
Without knowing a lot more about the planned use & all of the items to be used, it would be reckless to make a suggestion.
I hope this helps.

Look up F550 on youtube or flamewheel 550 Its a (hexacopter)or possibly even F450 (quad). You can go to the DJI web page and see if there are specs listed. This is one of the easier and affordable builds out there. I have seen kits go for $200 or less. The building of the multirotor will be the easy part, you still need a radio and then get everything to talk to each other and fly. Good range and flight time is very subjective and probably not what your expecting if you're not familiar with