Near Earth Imaging Stills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dO3Qsj4gPw

I wrote and recorded all this music in about 3-4 hours so it's rough but I'm proud of it. The stills were taken over the past year for R&D, clients, and fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpcYoiIjcU
Wrote this music on Protools, virtual instruments. It just happened to fit the somber images of the Cemetery IMO. These are not professional jobs by any stretch. Just me messing with editing myself. For real jobs we have a professional editor.

Kilby

Hey Redhotpearl,

It's nice to see someone shooting images of Philly. I lived there for 9 years and relocated (back) to Baltimore about 2 years ago. I've since gotten into multirotors/FPV/AP and have been dying to come back and shoot Philly ever since. I'll probably get up there in the coming months as the weather is changing.

Thanks man! I have only once been over the bridge to shoot. Most of my stuff has been from the Jersey side but I do plan on flying there a lot more this year. There is so much History, monuments, statues, awesome buildings, etc. in PhillyI love it. With that comes a lot of nerves because I'm there to show the beauty of the city not ruin it(priceless stuff). I'm also afraid of the parks services and police, not that I'm reckless or anything but we work for the county here on the Jersey side so worse comes to worse I can use that excuse. In Philly I do not have those contacts yet. There is also a lot less places to fly in and around the main part of the city so....I'm working on it though. First things on the list are the Art Museum and the stadiums. Fairmount park with all it's different streams, trails, and statues. Historic sites, Boat House Row(scary place to fly because of all the water), the main line, etc.. I've def. scouted out locations because I work in and around the city for my 9-5. I just have to work up the nerve to take all the gear over there. It literally takes me 10 minutes to get over the bridge from my house. Welcome to forum and thanks again for the comment. Baltimore's got to have plenty of cool stuff too, no?

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilby

I'm really into shooting architecture & monuments myself, so both Baltimore & Philly have a wealth of locations. Baltimore in particular is great for monuments. It seems there is one on every other street. They range from the small statue on the corner to giant monuments like the Washington monument on Charles street. I just added a few photos to my album of a monument for Francis Scott Key that I shoot often as practice. It's just outside of our place, so it's my go to when I'm tuning the tricopter.

I'm sure I'll be up that way sometime soon and would love to link up if your interested. If I can find a few other multi-rotor folks in the not so distant area I may even try to plan an event this summer.

I'm really into shooting architecture & monuments myself, so both Baltimore & Philly have a wealth of locations. Baltimore in particular is great for monuments. It seems there is one on every other street. They range from the small statue on the corner to giant monuments like the Washington monument on Charles street. I just added a few photos to my album of a monument for Francis Scott Key that I shoot often as practice. It's just outside of our place, so it's my go to when I'm tuning the tricopter.

I'm sure I'll be up that way sometime soon and would love to link up if your interested. If I can find a few other multi-rotor folks in the not so distant area I may even try to plan an event this summer.
That all sounds great. I'd love to have a fly in as Bart has suggested. I'm available most weekends as well so let me know. I saw your tricopter on youtube that thing is sweet. Your pics look great too. I've been in such a struggle to tune the MKTR mount for video that I've been slacking big time with stills. Weather is still pretty lousy and things are still dead so I guess I got time.

Kilby

Thanks, RHP. The tri on youtube is actually my old airframe. I just rebuilt it all with a carbon fiber frame I found over at RCGroups. It's much lighter now and handling much better.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You going to post some pics and info on it in the build topic? I love seeing everyones birds!