Naza v2, Turnigy 9x, TBS discovery - a few issues

dkzrmi

Hello everyone,

I am rather new to the world of multi's. After getting a used f450/apm2.6/turnigy9x from a friend and playing with it for a while, i decided i wanted to make something better, and on my own.
So i got a TBS discovery top/bottom plate, a naza v2 kit, and kept my turnigy 9x from the old quad.
So I soldered 30a esc's to the body, connected them to my new sunnysky motors. ESC cables go to m1-4 on naza v2.
PMU v2 is also soldered to a + - on the tbs body, and connected to the exp port on the naza
LED module is connected to LED
turnigy receiver has 6 cables connected to it : ch1-4 are connected to A,E,T,R accordingly, and 6 to U, 7 to X2
GPS is connected to the PMU

when connecting my 5200mah 3s battery, things seem to power up. LED module flashes orange, and when i connect it to my PC, it turns solid green. Tried installing the driver, but im getting a "nothing to install" prompt after installing on the pc itself. If i try to start the software, it wont recognize anything.

I am new to this, and i'm sure i've done something wrong, although ive been trying to solve this for the past few days, and cant seem to find an adequate solution online. other people usualy dont get the solid green light if theres a connection problem. why is this happening? any help?

using win 8.1. On my win 10 computer, the light also turns solid green, but just for a few seconds before it turns off completely.

thanks so much in advance for any tips
A

Alwil

I think you have a driver problem and lots of people have had the same problem with 8.1 and 10. I copied this from another
forum and it seem to help a lot of users. Try it-

Quote-
"For people having issues installing the device, I think I have the answer (well it worked for me anyway)

1) First, you have to disabled the requirement for drivers to be signed, a guide can be found here for windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users:
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

2) Once that has been done, open device manager on your PC and expand the Serial ports section, now if you plug and wait then unplug your naza, you should see one here called USB serial device that will have a COM number of 1-15 possibly after it. This will be your Naza.

3)Right click your COM device, click 'update driver Software', then click 'Browse my computer for driver software'
4) then click 'let me pick from a list'.
5)Click 'have disk' then browse to the location the DJI driver software put the drivers (generally 'C:/Program Files (x86)/DJI Product/DJI Driver vx.xx' or similar. In this folder will be a 3 source folders, you will need to open the Source64 folder then select the .inf file and click open
6) The device driver box should now have DJI USB Virtual COM or similar in, click this then click next. This should successfully install the device driver and allow the software to now see your Naza. If at the last stage you get an error saying the driver could not be installed, you may not have completed step 1 correctly and disabled driver signing, or the driver may be corrupted. In the latter, uninstall the device drivers from the Remove Programs section of control panel, reboot, then install the driver package again from DJI.

If the above has helped, please quote the post and let me know, also any issues please let me know and i'll do my best to help.

If USB Serial Device does not show up in device manager for you or does not disappear when you unplug/plug the USB cable for the Naza THIS GUIDE WILL NOT HELP YOU" Unquote