Naza v2 mystery Yaw problem Please help!

Hey guys, I have been using a Naza v2 for a few months now, and in all of my builds using it, it has the same problem.

Rudder right: it drifts a little extra after i go back to center stick.
Rudder Left: its slower to yaw, and upon center stick, yaws right about 10-15 degrees before stopping.

Hard pulls to rudder left can cause it to violently lose control, rocking back and forth, often resulting in a crash down.

At first this was happening with a spyder 700,
then it occurred with a small spyder style frame, but to a less degree
and now i have it on a big symmetric ~700 style quad with... quite terrible results.

Do any of you guys have experience with this issue and have any suggestions of how to resolve it?
Mayday. Please assist!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Are you using new motors and escs?. Did you try to move some of the motors around to see if you possibly have a bad motor or a bad esc?. either of these could cause this to happen, even a slightly mis-formed prop can produce these results.

I am using new escs, though this problem has persisted through the previous batch as well. Right now I am putting most of my doubt in my motors.
I believe at least one is likely to have mildly bent shaft, and bearings need replaced.
They are the 3508 580 kv sunnyskys and unfortunately they are out of stock at buddy rc :(, but I suspect that to be the problem. I will try rotating my motors to see if it changes the yaw direction.

Thanks for the tips.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Well, that would be your problem then. A bent shaft would certainly cause your craft to yaw, a tight bearing would do it but I should imaging the bent shaft would be causing a bearing issue. I would not even bother to move the motor, take it off and replace it if you are suspect of it.

I have some 900Kv TBS motors and ESCs in stock if you're interested. Little more pricy then the sunnyskys but a lot better quality, they are labeled t-motors.

Yea my immediate thought was "one of his motors is not level." I had this same issue on the bumblebee frame and it didn't make sense until someone told me. One motor a tad but off will affect your yaw like that.

soler

Yea my immediate thought was "one of his motors is not level." I had this same issue on the bumblebee frame and it didn't make sense until someone told me. One motor a tad but off will affect your yaw like that.

I would agree that your motors are not level, one or more are probably not straight causing the yaw, in your description of the problem you say it yaws slower to the left (counterclockwise?) so they are most likely with a slight angle in the clock wise direction.

Thanks guys,
I'll check check to make sure the motor mount are level though I suspect right now its the motors themselves. Once the shafts come in stock I will replace them. Thanks but no thanks to the guy selling the T motors, I love my sunnyskys just fine. These 3508's just had a bit of a rough beatdown when I was trying to learn the APM2.6.
(Sunysky motors kick *** xD) I have 6 2216's and they are fantastic. Made in the same factory as the T's, I MAY lose a little bit of efficiency.. but they're all doing great and the price is right for me. Thanks for the offer though buddy.

I do believe a small piece of solder may have fallen in between the stators, causing a bit of odd current through the motor. I've got to strip it down and see if I can find/remove it. Regardless guys, thanks for all the help.
You've put me on track to several problems I hadn't considered.

I'll get to the bottom of this!
Cheers mates.