NAZA V2 issue with Matech (SimonK) ESCs

15crewdawg

I have a strange issue going on here.
This is a TBS Disco on 4S, T-Motor 2216-11 900kv, Maytech Eagle 30A SimonK ESCs, Spektrum AR7200, DX7.
I swapped out the stock DJI 30A ESCs with the Maytechs, performed throttle calibration of the ESCs, re-calibrated the TX through the NAZA assistant software. Everything shows normal in the assistant.
Here's the problem. When plugged straight into the RX the motors spin up perfectly and respond quickly.
When I plug them into the NAZA the motors do not respond to the CSC startup command. If I move the throttle past 50% the motors start at higher than idle speed but if I move the throttle barely below 50% they shut down. And the motors don't seem to go full power with 100% throttle. If I leave the throttle at 50%, like in a hover, 2 (or sometimes 3) motors will stop after a short time. (Almost like after a landing) If I move the quad the motors will restart, but once I set it back level the motors stop again.This happens in Atti and GPS.
In manual, the motors still don't respond to CSC but will start with raised throttle and seem to operate normally with good throttle response speed and range.
When throttle is dropped to 0% 3 of the motors shut down but motor 3 keeps running for 15-20 seconds. This happens regardless of flight mode.
What am I missing here?
Does the NAZA V2 have issues with these ESCs?

Tahoe Ed

15crewdawg,

They may have but DJI does not support them so I would contact Maytech. When you do CSC the motors spool up to 50% at 50% throttle then at about 65% throttle it will lift off. The difference in motor throttle control tells me that you need to recalibrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

15crewdawg

Ed,
Thanks for the response. But, if you read the first part of the thread I did re-calibrate. In fact, I have tried to re-calibrate the ESCs several times to ensure they each got calibrated. I also performed the TX calibration in the NAZA assistant software.
And the motors do not respond at all to CSC. I have to move the throttle to 50% before the motors start to spool.

15crewdawg

banga - I assume you meant changing the "Motor Idle Speed" setting.

I had changed that setting the first go around twice. But after you mentioned changing it, I tried it again.

It finally started working after adjusting through each setting 3 times from low to high in both modes. It ended up liking the medium-high setting with intelligent cutoff.
So far it appears to be working normally but I haven't put it in the air yet to really test.