Naza Quadcopter stuck at low altitude despite limits set to 2km.

Dezibird

My Lotus T580P+ Quady rebuilt with Naza FC and GPS takes off no problem but then gets stuck at low altitude despite being at full throttle which would normally make it headbutt a jumbo jet. The Naza flight limits are set at 2000M and I have since changed it to 3km with no difference. The Devo 8S Tx has been recalibrated and there is not limited setting on the throttle or any other silly thing. It can't be the failsafe kicking in from poor signal because its only 500m away and I still have full control of yaw, pitch and roll. Even when I fly back to 50m from home it still won't climb at full throttle. Everything was working fine until recently where I have been plagued with endless problems. Please help with any suggestions or solutions. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-Unk_rE2I

P.S. Today I flew and after one minute the quad would not go above treetop level. When I descend it falls down and crashes.
Started with 6+ satellites but noticed red light flashing during flight.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
My Lotus T580P+ Quady rebuilt with Naza FC and GPS takes off no problem but then gets stuck at low altitude despite being at full throttle which would normally make it headbutt a jumbo jet. The Naza flight limits are set at 2000M and I have since changed it to 3km with no difference. The Devo 8S Tx has been recalibrated and there is not limited setting on the throttle or any other silly thing. It can't be the failsafe kicking in from poor signal because its only 500m away and I still have full control of yaw, pitch and roll. Even when I fly back to 50m from home it still won't climb at full throttle. Everything was working fine until recently where I have been plagued with endless problems. Please help with any suggestions or solutions. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-Unk_rE2I

P.S. Today I flew and after one minute the quad would not go above treetop level. When I descend it falls down and crashes.
Started with 6+ satellites but noticed red light flashing during flight.

Sounds like your battery failsafe might be kicking in, turn it off and try again. But saying that, looking at that video tells another story. Are you near to a major airport by chance? Did you try to reflash the firmware? Does it do the same thing when you are in manual mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

cootertwo

If it still does that in manual mode, it's your battery, or the low voltage thing. I turn my low voltage warning off on every Naza I have. How long will it keep flying after it goes into the won't climb mode?

Dezibird

Thanks guys. 2moro I will replace the broken props etc and wait for the rain to stop. Then I will test fly as high as possible with a different battery, then in manual mode (which I have never used before) and then even try turning off the Naza low voltage bizzo. With the process of elimination I will hopefully get closer to solving this and share the info for everyone.
I had reinstalled the firmware but it made no difference.
I am very far from any airport here in the mountains.

Not near an airport I dont think DJI have updated the firmware for the NAZA yet but the phantoms will restrict flying height etc when certain distance from airports

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I can't understand German, but if you want to set your Naza back to factory you can try this...

Has it always done this? or has this just started doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dezibird

Thanks Onestop, I will definitely do that now. I had reinstalled the latest firmware but it remembered all my settings so I don't trust it. These troubles started around the same time as I set up gimbal pitch control in the Naza. It went mental so now I finally got the gimbal working perfectly by not including the Naza in it. However, I think the Naza is still confused and acting retarded. I will add this factory restore to my list of tests and fixes thisafternoon. Thanks to all you guys. These forums are excellent. I am very grateful and will share what I learn.

Dezibird

OK, after days of rain and wind I flew today and the quad went to high altitude with no problems.
I had reset the Naza by shorting the F1 and F2 ports etc, Turned off all Naza battery warnings and CHANGED THE BATTERY for a different one.
I will now fly with the battery warnings back on and I suspect it will fly properly as I believe the real problem was the battery.
I will then put the bad battery back in for a test flight to confirm this and post the result. I didn't try the manual mode and now there is no need to check that.

jahatton

Be careful on trying to fly on Manual Mode. There is no stability and is a handful to fly! Try flying in that mode in a hover and you will see what I mean. BTW if you have a fly-away (I had one once) the fix for it is to switch to manual mode then back to attitude mode and the error will be cleared. I have tried to fly in manual mode while in forward flight (FPV)... crashed every time. :-(