NAZA M V2 LED only displays green

dmetz

So my Tarot 650 quad with a DJI NAZA M V2 has had an intermittent issue with the FC LED displaying only green. The problem is no longer intermittent. The GPS, ATTI and Manual modes "seem" to work but I do not get a change to an amber light in ATTI model. It remains as a flashing green light. The flashing green light goes off when switched to manual mode. When I attempt GPS calibration the LED initially is steady green, not amber. If I proceed through both the horizontal and vertical maneuvers, the LED turns off as anticipated and begins to flash green again. When I enter failsafe mode, the light begins to slow flash as one would expect in FS but the light does not turn to amber. It never flashes red on initialization or as it is locking onto satellites so I have no idea how many satellites I have locked.

I have read on other forums where others have had this issue but no one ever responds with a resolution. It is almost as if the FC indicator LED has lost the ability to display amber and red. I suppose it could be a hardware issue with the FC as well. I've tried resetting to default parameters for the FC to no avail.

Has anyone on the forum encountered this? I'd sure appreciate any insight.

Old Man

The LED has probably failed in several modes. This has happened with both Wookong and A2 LED's as well. I don't know that anyone will sell just the LED portion of a system but you might want to give that a try. An option is to play the DJI repair/warranty game, with takes months to complete, and may not resolve to your satisfaction.

Ronan

If your LED is still under warranty, send it in with a letter from your lawyer stating how they need to be quick ;)

Have you run the assistant program to make sure the modes are switching properly?

dmetz

If your LED is still under warranty, send it in with a letter from your lawyer stating how they need to be quick ;)

Have you run the assistant program to make sure the modes are switching properly?

Thanks Old Man and Ronan. I do feel like it could be the LED. I guess when one buys a DJI FC, best be advised to purchase two so you have spare parts, if nothing else, but to trouble shoot. Yes, Ronan, I'm very familiar with assistant and the setup with a transmitter thanks to all the reading I've done, much of it on this forum. The flight modes are switching flawlessly. The biggest concern I have is that without the red, I cannot determine the number of satellites the FC is locked on to.

Old Man

Don't know about the Naza, but a Wookong LED works for an A2... You're right about one thing. If you buy one DJI FC you should invest in a second at the same time. That's about the only way to obtain spares in less than half a year or so.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Don't know about the Naza, but a Wookong LED works for an A2... You're right about one thing. If you buy one DJI FC you should invest in a second at the same time. That's about the only way to obtain spares in less than half a year or so.

I think if you google led naza v2, it will should you a bunch of items for around $14 or so..... Or, if you know someone with a Naza, borrow it for a test.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The LED has probably failed in several modes. This has happened with both Wookong and A2 LED's as well. I don't know that anyone will sell just the LED portion of a system but you might want to give that a try. An option is to play the DJI repair/warranty game, with takes months to complete, and may not resolve to your satisfaction.

The V2 LED's are only about $10 so grabbing a new one to test with should not break the bank.

Pete

dmetz

The V2 LED's are only about $10 so grabbing a new one to test with should not break the bank.

Pete

Just a follow up. Purchased (2) new LED's and replaced the one on my fairly new DJI Naza M V2 Flight Controller. It was in fact a bad LED. The controller and GPS were working fine but only green would display on the former LED. Now the LED light sequence appears as normal with red and amber showing where appropriate.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.