Naza-M v1 NO Start-up Sequence and Can't Connect to Computer

Craig9080

Hello Everyone,

I asked this over at RCG but i figured I would try my luck asking it here as well.

I had everything bench-tested yesterday with the NAZA out of the frame and everything seemed to be working fine. This morning I went to reverse my rudder channel on the software and it would not connect to my computer. I restarted my naza and noticed that it did NOT go through the startup procedure. It just starts slowly flashing between red and green and eventually stays at steady green.

The NAZA will arm the motors and without any props I can hear the motors reacting when i increase the throttle or play with the aileron channel on the transmitter. Also, their is no change in behavior when I toggle my flight-mode switch on my transmitter

I am at a loss here and am so close to getting my QAV off the ground for it's maiden. Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I would certainly delay your maiden till this is fixed. Just try reconnecting a few more times. Wiggle your USB connector (naza end) as some of the DJI cables are defective from reports on the forum. Hopefully you've already fixed it by the time you've even read this!

Craig9080

Trying, no luck. The part the urks me is that even without the computer it just flashes between red and green slowly and eventually stays on green regardless of any input I give it.

Benjamin Kenobi

What does the manual say regarding this? It sounds familiar. Sounds like it needs to be reconnected to the assistant and firmware upgrade, but that's the problem. Catch-22. Try a different USB port to rule out that end.

Craig9080

What does the manual say regarding this? It sounds familiar. Sounds like it needs to be reconnected to the assistant and firmware upgrade, but that's the problem. Catch-22. Try a different USB port to rule out that end.

I have gone one step further, I tried a total of 3 different computers now. The manual says that a solid green is "connect to PC correctly." I'm starting to think that the VU is just going out on me since the naza itself seems to behave like it should regardless of the lights. It is worth noting that the VU is indeed putting out 5v without a problem though. I have ordered another VU for $16 and hopefully it will solve my woes, if it does not I will have a very pretty paperweight.

Zelon

Hey Craig , new to Naza and quads myself.Spent hours watching vid s on YouTube.Lot of good info out there. When you connect to a PC, the VU will go green. Try reinstalling the firmware and start from scratch.Make sure you write any changes before you disconnect from the pc.Wish I could offer more help.There's a lot of guy's out there who can help you more than I can.Also try googling your exact problem,that will point you in the right direction .Good luck Mike

Craig9080

Hey Craig , new to Naza and quads myself.Spent hours watching vid s on YouTube.Lot of good info out there. When you connect to a PC, the VU will go green. Try reinstalling the firmware and start from scratch.Make sure you write any changes before you disconnect from the pc.Wish I could offer more help.There's a lot of guy's out there who can help you more than I can.Also try googling your exact problem,that will point you in the right direction .Good luck Mike

I understand that it will go green when connected to the computer, I was able to get everything to work fine last night. The problem is that when its not connected to the computer is does not do the normal startup sequence and instead goes to red and green slow flashing that eventually just goes into a solid green. When it is connected to the computer (with the computer not recognizing it as stated above) it will sometimes blink to a bright green from a dull green - I really think that last bit isn't supposed to ever happen.

Google and youtube are not much help either unfortunately, but I would love to be proven wrong on this if anyone knows of a thread out there that can help.

Zelon

Did not mean to step on your toes.Like I said new to Naza and GPS myself. Just trying to throw some ideas out there.also try rc groups, there's a lot of help over there.

Craig9080

Did not mean to step on your toes.Like I said new to Naza and GPS myself. Just trying to throw some ideas out there.also try rc groups, there's a lot of help over there.

No worries, I appreciate that you are trying to help. I posted the same thread over at RCG and so far it hasn't received any posts.

Benjamin Kenobi

And did you install the driver (with Naza connected) on all three computers? The Naza goes green just with the USB cable connected so that doesn't tell you much.

You really need to reinstall the firmware.

Craig9080

And did you install the driver (with Naza connected) on all three computers? The Naza goes green just with the USB cable connected so that doesn't tell you much.

You really need to reinstall the firmware.

Yes, the driver was installed...and reinstalled on all 3 computers. I have ordered another VU in the hopes that it is just that.

Craig9080

Lets hope that fixes it. What were you doing before this problem started? Did you change something?

I mounted it in the frame. I had everything else already in the frame when I did my bench test. The next morning I just bolted the naza to the frame and then ran my antenna wires and put the top plate on my QAV500 - then all this trouble happened when I though I was literally 5 min away from my maiden. Now with everything out of the frame it doesn't fix it though whish is troubling. Since I have a little time on my hand I think I will be taking a look at the PCB solder point that my Naza picks up from, I guess it is possible that a momentary short could have done something.

Craig9080

Great News!! I'm and Idiot and had the VU plugged into the GPS port. After talking with others, and DJI, it is apparently semi-common for people to do this...which makes me feel a little better. So lesson for everyone else out there, if your VU is acting up and your computer cant recognize the Naza - Check your ports!

Benjamin Kenobi

Brilliant! People are always quick to blame the equipment but a look over your setup fixes many things.

Now the fun really starts!

FCPP

Hello Everyone,

I asked this over at RCG but i figured I would try my luck asking it here as well.

I had everything bench-tested yesterday with the NAZA out of the frame and everything seemed to be working fine. This morning I went to reverse my rudder channel on the software and it would not connect to my computer. I restarted my naza and noticed that it did NOT go through the startup procedure. It just starts slowly flashing between red and green and eventually stays at steady green.

The NAZA will arm the motors and without any props I can hear the motors reacting when i increase the throttle or play with the aileron channel on the transmitter. Also, their is no change in behavior when I toggle my flight-mode switch on my transmitter

I am at a loss here and am so close to getting my QAV off the ground for it's maiden. Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

RED and GREEN flashing can be caused by transposing the LED and GPS leads. the LED socket is clearly marked but the GPS is marked EXP.
At least that was my issue now working fine after having to pull the whole machine apart.

Red and Green flash