NAZA M starts at 50% throttle?

tomb18

Hi,
Is it normal that when I arm my NAZA M, it starts at around 50% throttle and then only goes higher as you move the throttle stick over 50%? Then when you lower it below 50%, the throttle doesn't change until you get to zero and then after three seconds it shuts off?

I come from an openpilot flight controller quad before and the throttle always operated linearly from 0 to 100%. This seems a little strange to me. What if the 50% throttle is enough to lift it off the ground??
Thanks

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
This is normal in ATTI and GPS modes. The Naza operates with the 50% throttle for a type of auto-lift off. Then the 50% throttle maintains a hover, and above should raise the craft, below should lower it.

Manual mode would have a more linear response.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No sweat. That throws off people (myself included) if you've come from the open source boards. I came from multiwii - and it scared the hell out of me :)

AndyPG

Is it normal that when I arm my NAZA M, it starts at around 50% throttle

Hi Tom,
The rotors should spin up, with the throttle stick at zero as soon as you complete the arming sequence.
You then have to advance the stick beyond 10% within 3 seconds or the rotors will stop again.
As you advance the stick from 10% through to around 40% not much happens then as you move from 40% to 50%, the motors should speed up and at just above 50% the copter should lift off.
Moving the stick back to 50% should result in a hover.

Andy.