Naza lite goes straight up in gps

Heli37

so, I have built an alien with a naza lite and all appears to be correct. What is strange is that it flies fine in manual (I fly helis so I like manual), it seems fine in atti, but in gps it does what I want for a while then it heads straight up!! Eventually after trying every switch the motors shut down and it returns to Earth rather ungracefully (ie it drops like a stone until it meets terra firms rather abruptly). Has happened twice so far -100% . Please help, my experienced mentor is flummoxed as well

violetwolf

Yup that's a new one for me as well!

But when altitude is part of the issue I'd strongly suspect barometer issues. Most flight controllers are relying on info from the baro to maintain height in auto modes.

Lose the NAZA and get a Pixhawk clone (FixHawk is my go to) at least then you'd have logging to let you know what happened.

Old Man

It's not the first. There was a large heavy lift with an A2 that took off like a rocket on the first flight. Straight up, never to be seen again.

cootertwo

I had an older Phantom do that once, from out of balance props. Armed OK, but as soon as I gave it some juice, it went wide open buddy, no stick commands seemed to work, although I was trying everything VERY fast. Luckily for me, the tree canopy caught it, and it fell on the roof of my home. Did the funky chicken up there, beating itself to death, before it fell off the roof, finally disconnecting the battery, ending the whole, perhaps 30 second fiasco!

Pumpkinguy

It's not the first. There was a large heavy lift with an A2 that took off like a rocket on the first flight. Straight up, never to be seen again.
I have a backup rig coming with A2. Thanks for the anxiety. Lol
In all seriousness my a2 has been solid.