Naza GPS RTH from a lower altitude then Home

Hizlimax

I'm planing to fly down FPV from a mountain cliff and would like to know how the RTH will react when its in lower altitude then the Home Position. Will it ascend to the Home altitude + the 20 meters? Or just ascend 20 meters from its current position? I will be testing this out soon, but wanted to ask if anyone has actually tried it. Thanks for the help.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
A very good question that I don't know the answer to, never had the opportunity to try it. Please let us know what happens when you try and make sure you're ready to turn off failsafe and takeover control if it decides to find home in the middle of the mountain.

Ken

xtrmtrk

I did this just a week ago. The Naza will always take the craft 20m above the take-off altitude. It doesn't matter what altitude it's at when RTH is turned on, it will always go to home altitude + 20m before returning to the home location.

ROVguy

Very good question and one I didn't think of, but important that I knew the answer to. A lot of the places I will be flying are hills/peaks in the Yorkshire area. I'm glad to hear the Naza does return to take off altitude +20m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk