Naza expert advice needed

gweleps

Hi,
I am new on this forum but not in multirotors crafts; just tested a Y6 with my first DJI Naza (V2) and ,overall, everything went well.
I've noticed a slight forward drift in GPS mode. Would like to know what to check first to eliminate that drift.
GPS calibration went well. Basic and atti gains were tunned to get a smooth craft and i can let it fly hands off in manual mode
Many thanks
Alain

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Make sure you have the offset for your FCU set correctly. From the manual in the software.

[h=3]Location and Orientation[/h]Instruction
Before you begin this step, make sure to install all payloads used during the flight, including batteries, camera mount and camera. Balance the multi-rotor as you would normally, with the center of gravity (C.G.) directly on the center plate.

Make sure the location and oreintation of the Main controller and the GPS is correct, and then fill in the distance between body center of GPS and the C.G. of multi-rotor.

gweleps

Thanks PeteDee
I was thinking to play a little bit with the X value in this "location offset" ; also seen in the FAQ that all trims have to be kept at 0 on the TX... As
we had some wind for the first flights i trimmed the cratf in manual mode but it looks that it may not be the right method with DJI..
Alain

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Most multi controllers are the same, don't touch trim at all, just make sure it is calibrated well and the COG is as close to correct as possible.

On my TBS Discovery FPV machine I am not worried about a little bit of drift, never still for long but on my hex I am using a brushless gimbal so want it to hold pretty well.

CHeck the section in manual on TBE, a little offset on the GPS may help.

Pete