My Registration Numbers.

F

fengshuidrone

I had all these decals left over after putting my numbers on so I used them in a few places. How did you make your FAA numbers? Where did you put them on your craft? Makes it kinda flashyo_O:D:p
numbers1_zpskdtu4snc.jpg~original

F

fengshuidrone

I thought about that too but I have this CF body and its dark. Plus I haven't used any decals since I was a kid putting models together so I figured what the hey.

Ray Ellis

Oh I always loved those little plates. Too bad you cant order them with anything you want like real private license plates. That would be coooooooooooool

F

fengshuidrone

Ok, I see the potential for profit here. All I gotta do is build that 3d printer I saw and I could print out ****loads of little registration plates. Sell 'em online. Have a website that automatically feeds the requested numbers from the internet to the printer.o_OWheels turning:rolleyes:

Ray Ellis

I don't want to bust your biz model but do you think you will need FAA approval for the design and install? After all those will be official aircraft placards. hahahahah

Richard Baner

Just joined up after having trouble registering. The only drones I have are less than .55 but all my park flyer aircraft are above .55 and as I read the new rule it applies to all unmanned aircraft. I tried to get a number assigned and it took my email and double password information but when I tried to proceed ahead it told me my password was wrong. I tried to go back and start over but when I did so it told me my email was already in place and I could get no further. I tried a second effort using my wife's email and the same thing happened. I went to the FAA online question email and explained the problem and get no response. Is anyone else having any similar trouble or is it just something wrong with me? I am planning to operate my park flyers at an out of state RC club field while on winter vacation and do not want to be barred because I do not have an assigned number. thanks

F

fengshuidrone

At first it denied my pre paid Visa, but I entered the wrong expiration date. Fixed that and no problems after that. I always let my browser save email and password so it almost never does anything like that.

F

fengshuidrone

That's where I put the numbers on the Chroma. The battery uses a depression tab latch for removal. Finger activated;)
Sheeeesh, I hope they done define your finger as a tool.:eek::D Ya never know with them there bureaucrat typeso_O:rolleyes: