• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361042699.834713.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361042699.834713.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 261
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361042720.916420.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361042720.916420.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 266

Dezy

Your setup looks great!
If I may ask, where did you buy the parts - or is this something you made?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Fredrik R

Made it myself. 19mm carbon booms. 2.5mm motor plates and the rest is 2mm.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Do the arms spin or how do they lock the motors down? That's always a concern of mine when I set that setup. It looks really good though!! You might want to consider going with landing gear that is smaller or round or at least has less of a "wind signature" meaning they won't act as sails slowing you down. One thing I've learned is round legs produce less wind resistance and therefore make it easier to fly in the wind. I just recently had a major scare where I thought I wasn't going to make it back, I was flying in 45mph winds and I was about 4,000 feet out when I was trying to push my way back. I got a low battery warning at 3,500 feet out and I was pulling 800W just to move 10mph so I was terrified I was going to splash down. Lesson learned!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Helloman, if you end up in that situation again with the high winds making it hard to come back try dropping down much lower out of the high winds.

Efliernz

Pete
Helloman... you need a new flying field!
Flying over water is fun BUT you certainly play on the edge with "risk management"!

Pete

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Helloman, if you end up in that situation again with the high winds making it hard to come back try dropping down much lower out of the high winds.

Did you watch the video? That's exactly what I had to do. I had NO luck moving through 45mph air...at full tilt I was moving about 10mph which makes sense since my GPS records speed over ground and my max speed is 55mph. The problem was that I was pulling HUGE amounts of power just to move 10mph. Finally I thought, I'm going into manual mode and getting low and going to push these batteries to their maximums. This is also why I set my RED NAZA section to basically be turned off. When you hit the RED area it moves your center throttle from 50% to 60% and reduces the amount of power you have in attitude mode or GPS mode, manual mode is not effected. I flew back in manual mode and when I got low enough the wind just wasn't there anymore and I was able to get back. If you watch carefully you can see where as I get closer I flip back into GPS mode so I can land because it was so windy I was getting pushed around everywhere. When I build my new Y6 I'm going to built it to be wind friendly. On my H6 it has legs and other parts that act as sails, lesson learned!!! :)

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert

Yeah I do however I fly everywhere and there's a huge rush I get from flying over the water lol...I love seeing the water from up high and seeing the sparkles off of it from The Sun. I especially love when birds launch below me and I can fly behind them and record them. I have one video where these seagulls actually ignored me and I was able to fly in their group in a delta formation, they ignored me so much that while we were out over the ocean one of them decided to go Top Gun on me and "buzz the tower", he got within a foot or so...that made me come back home quickly lol...

Dewster

Helloman... you need a new flying field!
Flying over water is fun BUT you certainly play on the edge with "risk management"!

Pete
. Someone asked me if I was afraid of flying over water. I told them that at a certain altitude it doesn't matter if it crashes on land or in the water.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
. Someone asked me if I was afraid of flying over water. I told them that at a certain altitude it doesn't matter if it crashes on land or in the water.

I halfway agree with you because over land at least you can recover it and believe it or not some parts will be just fine, over water...you're toast and it'll be in Davvy Jones locker lol. I'm not afraid to fly over water as long as I've tested it out over land a few times first. If you notice in my water videos I always start out over land for a while before I go out over the water and when I do go out over the water I'm almost always in GPS or attitude mode and rarely in manual mode. I'll admit, I'm usually shaking and talking myself down in my head and at some point I just relax and enjoy. I always have to go back and watch the video because I don't really get to relax too much and see everything I film until I land. :)