my first time in RC and first quad...DJI F450 with A2

it a very big investment for the first time
i have no idea how to get it to work as this is my first RC.... and the sales at shop cannot offer any support because they told me they
don't know how to.... as they never use DJI system before or they are just too busy... it just very hard to believe from a shop that mainly sell professional RC equipment and my answer from them is they dont know how to support...lucky there is one sales there able to help me to get my futaba to work but not much help
until now the F450 still not able to start...the A2 flight control wont arm the motor now i actually able to get it to start once after first compress calibration .. and almost take off but it keep flipping over on take off......and now it get wierd
the led light that suppose to turn blue to let you know when to start the calibration wont turn blue any more the led just turn off or some time will just turn red and i cant assign tilt control on my futaba 8fg feel so sad now after spending big money
but not able to get it to work it like 2 week since i got it.. please HELP THANKS A MILLION

soler

Hi StarCraft, Welcome

My first recommendation is to start simple and remove all the FPV gear until you get the hang of flying, too much going on will over complicate things.

Second, Connect the A2 to the assistant controller and check the following

IMU direction is correct You need to choose pointing to the left is the white arms are forward
Mixer is correct, for your setup choose x Quad
Make sure you have selected the right receiver type, D.Bus if you are using the built in receiver
Make sure that you plug in the right can bus ports, the A2 is very sensitive to this, GPS needs to go to the connection on the IMU and to CAN 1
In the channel monitor make sure your sticks are moving on screen and also the U channel which is your Manual -- Atti -- GPS modes. This is what you will use to get into calibration mode
Calibrate the compass by flipping the same U switch 6 -10 times until the blue light stays on, then rotate horizontally until you get a green LED, then rotate vertically until normal flashing or red light (fail)

Check back once you get to that stage with your results.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi StarCraft, Welcome

My first recommendation is to start simple and remove all the FPV gear until you get the hang of flying, too much going on will over complicate things.

IMU direction is correct You need to choose pointing to the left is the white arms are forward
Make sure you have selected the right receiver type, D.Bus if you are using the built in receiver
Make sure that you plug in the right can bus ports, the A2 is very sensitive to this, GPS needs to go to the connection on the IMU and to CAN 1
In the channel monitor make sure your sticks are moving on screen and also the U channel which is your Manual -- Atti -- GPS modes. This is what you will use to get into calibration mode
Calibrate the compass by flipping the same U switch 6 -10 times until the blue light stays on, then rotate horizontally until you get a green LED, then rotate vertically until normal flashing or red light (fail)

Andy
Hi andy thanks for the suggestion

for now all the FPV is not connect to the A2 or any thing yet just for looking mostly
i have try the step u mention i did the U switch thing it wont turn to blue light but it just turn off no light at all but it still respond when i rotate horizontally after it turn off and it will turn green after rotate horizontally but cannot complete rotate
vertically it will turn red light that it,....but i did a detail check at the A2 software and found out that the compress number is strange is 20,xxx 40,xxx so i guess something wrong with the compress

Hi StarCraft, Welcome

Andy

( 1 ) i dont know how to assign a control switch from my futaba 8FG to control the Zenmuse gimbal tilt
( 2 ) im not able to calibrate the compress the led will not turn blue no matter what i do i try the U switch thingy Manual -- Atti -- GPS modes suppose it will turn blue
but it didnt instead it turn off.... how ever it still respond when i rotate horizontally and turn green then i rotate vertically but then it turn red... i notice the compress X Y Z got some
weird number on the A2 setup software not sure why, actually i manage to complete the compress calibrate once and get the motor start up and it almost take off but it flip to one side
then it die...and not able to start again
(3) i can't get the IOSD to work on the A2 FC as there is no firmware support yet but it come with a package with the A2 dont know why the product is out about software is not yet ready......and there is no any HOW TO video relate to connection between the A2 and IOSD and assign a switch to the futaba 8fg and so there is no way for me
to tell how to connect it to the A2 because both iosd and a2 setup software seem dont have this option same with the zenmuse gambal

AUsome

I am just a beginner myself, so can't help out with your problem, but I would make this observation, and I don't intend it to be mean, but you really need to organize your work station. That is a REALLY messy work site and overall appears very disorganized. I can't help but wonder if you have something hiding somewhere it shouldn't be. Be sure you go back over all your connections and organize all the wires. You might find you have omitted something or have something connected wrong.

I am just a beginner myself, so can't help out with your problem, but I would make this observation, and I don't intend it to be mean, but you really need to organize your work station. That is a REALLY messy work site and overall appears very disorganized. I can't help but wonder if you have something hiding somewhere it shouldn't be. Be sure you go back over all your connections and organize all the wires. You might find you have omitted something or have something connected wrong.
dude what wrong with you if you cant help with my problem that fine, if you dont have answer to my post please leave or your can give me some useful suggestion if you have any i will be thankful for that
my work station messy or not is none of your business this is just a typical working station when it busy,and this is out of the topic reply that not relate to my post, again you just annoy me

Langdale

I don't think you'll be getting much help with that attitude.
Ausome offered you some good advice, tidy it up and you'll have more space to work on. That must have been some salesperson to sell you all that equipment and not have a clue on how to help you with it.
You'll get advice on here, there are lots of very knowledgeable guys on here, always willing to help they have helped me over the years, so don't go biting off the hand that offers help.

soler

Hi,

1, How are you connecting the A2 to the Zenmuse for the Gimbal Tilt? I presume this is using one of the outputs from the A2 (F1-F4) from the transmitter press link and go in to the function menu, select a channel you want to use for the tilt and select the control you want to use it with RS = Right Slider.

In the A2 assistant software click on the channel map and the output port you want to use, eg F1 the assign the channel you selected in the 8FG, you should see the value changing as you move the slider. Connect the F1 port to the zenmuse port

2. Sounds like the calibration is ok. It will be blue if connected to the assistant software or over bluetooth

3. IOSD will work with the A2, Connect the iOSD by USB and update the firmware, there is a schematic in the A2 manual on how to connect the IOSD and the zen. Make sure you connect to the correct CAN bus as per the manual.

It is a fair comment about keeping the workspace clean, If mine is not I spend hours looking for the right screw, tool etc

I don't think you'll be getting much help with that attitude.
Ausome offered you some good advice, tidy it up and you'll have more space to work on. That must have been some salesperson to sell you all that equipment and not have a clue on how to help you with it.
You'll get advice on here, there are lots of very knowledgeable guys on here, always willing to help they have helped me over the years, so don't go biting off the hand that offers help.

it not me that have attitude problem my work space tidy or not have nothing to with my problem just forget about my workbspace ..........

Hi,

1, How are you connecting the A2 to the Zenmuse for the Gimbal Tilt? I presume this is using one of the outputs from the A2 (F1-F4) from the transmitter press link and go in to the function menu, select a channel you want to use for the tilt and select the control you want to use it with RS = Right Slider.

In the A2 assistant software click on the channel map and the output port you want to use, eg F1 the assign the channel you selected in the 8FG, you should see the value changing as you move the slider. Connect the F1 port to the zenmuse port

2. Sounds like the calibration is ok. It will be blue if connected to the assistant software or over bluetooth

3. IOSD will work with the A2, Connect the iOSD by USB and update the firmware, there is a schematic in the A2 manual on how to connect the IOSD and the zen. Make sure you connect to the correct CAN bus as per the manual.

It is a fair comment about keeping the workspace clean, If mine is not I spend hours looking for the right screw, tool etc
thanks i found out the problem is dji havent release firmware update for the A2 to support the zenmuse gimbal i have
but for the calibration is still fail it will not turn to blue light if just simply turn off so i check the A2 soft ware and found that the x y and z number look weird like 3490 to 6xxx so i will try to fix the compress first
i do understand the need to have tidy work space but it not the time to worry about that

soler

For the instructions about the Zen I am referring to the Z-15 not the H3-2D, I just realised that the control is from the main controller on the H3-2D.

If the compass fails it flashes red, if you are in manual mode there will be no flashing LED

Last edited by a moderator:

AUsome

Sorry you took this as me deriding you...not my intention. It WAS intended as being constructive. I simply felt that if you would get your space organized (and perhaps your entire approach to your build), that you might find that you had overlooked something, misplaced something, misconnected something, or who knows what. But hey, your space and you can do as you wish. I was truly trying to be helpful. In this hobby, attention to detail is very important...and how can one be paying attention to detail when all the "detail" is cluttered?