My 450 parts list; comments/suggestions welcome

super fly

First off hello. I was in NZ not long ago and saw a guy flying a FPV up the side of a mountain and waterfall and I was hooked. Since then I have been looking and researching to build my own. For now I just want the ability to mount my Gopro and then FPV may come later. So far this is what I have come up with:

Q450 frame
For motors I have narrowed it to multistar 2213-980KV or turnigy D2830-11 1000KV. The D2830 is slightly better according to ecalc as far as efficiency and flight time so I'm leaning towards those. One thing I read is that the prop adapters that come with them aren't very good though, not a huge deal.
30A Afro ESC
HKPilot32
Neo-7 Gps
Somewhere around 5000mah batt 3s
Not sure on props as I haven't really looked yet but probably 10 inch
For transmitter and receiver if I buy the 9X set is that ok. I have no problem solder so I can flash it if I need to.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

darmie

Hi. I'm new to this too. I seen many videos and builds on the 250 racers and they look like a blast. My main interest for I don't think I would ever get into racing, is to find a good combination of reasonable build price and long flight times using FPV. So, my question would be on your build, what type of flight time would you think you would see?

super fly

I came across the RM450 kit with motors, props, and ESC at rctimer.com. Has anyone got this kit? Any good? How are these motors?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The Multistar motors will be fine but only rated for 3S, they may work for 4S but you need to read the reviews. On a 450 size frame 4S is where you should be.

I always recommend spending more on a radio, not much use to me having $50 radio controlling $500-$2000 of aircraft, the cheaper radios also give a poor choice of receivers.

super fly

Thanks for the reply. I have slightly modified my list. I think I'm going to go with sunnysky x9912 980kv and go with the 9xr and frsky module rx/tx combo.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If the FrSky module is compatible with ACCST then that is a good choice, the small FrSky receivers are excellent.

I assume you mean the SunnySky 2212 980kv motors, they are a great choice, good allrounder, great on 9x5 Graupner E-Props.

On a 450 frame the 5000mH isze would be max I would go but for general flying would probably prefer something like the Zippy Compact in a 3700mH - 4500mH size, for LOS flying with no FPV gear 3000mH would be good, all 4S of course.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
It is no more difficult than using 3s, you just have to make sure all your gear like ESC's and FPV gear will handle 4S or has an adapter in line to drop the voltage to whatever is needed.