Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

multiwii pro flight controllers, are there any fakes floating around by chance

Discussion in 'Drone Builds and Kits' started by DieHard, Jul 6, 2015.

1. DieHard

DieHard Member

Jun 21, 2015
    St Louis MO
    Posted by DieHard, Jul 6, 2015 #1
    Would like to know if there is any multiwii pro flight controllers floating around out there that are fakes.
    Here is a pic of the 2 i have from different dealers. The pic and the Baros are different on them. View attachment 25393

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Motopreserve

Motopreserve Drone Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posted by Motopreserve, Jul 6, 2015 #2
    Multiwii is just the software and many manufacturers can make the hardware if they wish. That's why you find different boards.

I have had some great luck with readytoflyquads version of the multiwii products. He has his own fork of the firmware that comes pre-installed, and he doesn't cut corners on the components of the boards he has made.

3. Posted by fengshuidrone, Jul 15, 2015 #3
    I would also endorse RTFQ as having an excellent line of Mega boards. I own the Pro2 myself.

4. DieHard

DieHard Member

Jun 21, 2015
    St Louis MO
    Posted by DieHard, Jul 15, 2015 #4
    Ya i looked into them, they look nice in blue, i see they have a EZ3 board now, will be the next one i play around with.

5. Motopreserve

Motopreserve Drone Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posted by Motopreserve, Jul 16, 2015 #5
    The EZ connections make it easy to hook up and get rolling. One thing about RTFQ, if you think you want to order - place it a month in advance. He can be a bit slow. I've gotten things quickly from him - but rarely :)