MultiWii CRIUS 2.5 Stuttering Motos (Video) question

OmegaNine

So this is my first build, I got a kit. I have been replacing parts and I am around 300-400 bucks deep so far. I thought I would ask before spending more. This is what happens when I fire it up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGtjAA8gRuE

I have 4 HobbyWing 30A ESC's supplying 2830-850kv (Generic RCTimer) motors through a power distro board. When I test the power at the power distro board its normalized (about 11.5-11.6 depending on throttle load). When I plug the motors in to the throttle directly on the Rx they seem to work fine (two at a time though, don't have a 4 way splitter). At this point I am guessing the MultiWii is bad, but I dont want to drop another 100 bucks on a Flight Controller if thats not the problem.

I have set the ESCs range, battery type, and set timing to high. At this point I don't know what else to do without spending more cash. I would like to use the multiwii because I want the GPS/Cell phone connection (and have already bought them) but I guess I would rather have a working quad more. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Omega

TahoeTim

what esc?

I'm no expert but I think the timing is wrong. Also, you didn't say you calibrated the esc's.

OmegaNine

what esc?

I'm no expert but I think the timing is wrong. Also, you didn't say you calibrated the esc's.

They are HobbyWing Pentium-30A ESC's.

The only calibration I know of, and did, was to set the throttle range, battery type, and timing. There are three options; low, medium, high. I am not sure what the default setting was but I wrote them to high and still had the same problem. I will try to re-write them to the low and medium settings and see if that helps. Thanks for the info.