Moved the Naza m's VU... Now its dead?

doctor64776

Hello,

Own Naza M - QAV500 quad (Less than 1 month old... )
perfect machine GPS and NAZA have worked great ...
UNTIL...

The VU, soldered to power point on frame at front, had been placed in a "bad" place initially making it difficult to see. So I cut the black and red power wires (they were to short to stretch) , soldered longer wires to the VU s RED and Black wires and ran it all to the back of the quad where I could see it better.
Nothing else changed besides unplugging and replugging the MU wires as they were plenty long enough.

Now the VU does not recognize under the Naza assistant and the VU just flashes fast red about 10 times and then goes dark

The motors still arm

Just no GPS attempts or the ability to connect to the Naza assistant ??? :(

Did I miss something?

yakjock

I would check the solder joints for a dry joint & also I thought I had a problem with the VU module but it turned out to be the USB cable! worth a check.

doctor64776

Thank You for the resonse :)

In software development troubleshooting a saying goes, "Jiggle the handle"

I went back unplugged it all and replugged it all back in exact same way... Vallah! It all worked again

Go figure?

Thank You

I would check the solder joints for a dry joint & also I thought I had a problem with the VU module but it turned out to be the USB cable! worth a check.

DennyR

Most likely the USB connector socket on the board. They are weak.....
If you have had to stretch the usb cable to get it in, then that will be the likely cause. One of the few DJI spares that can be bought easily. It will fail completely soon enough so I would replace it now.

Last edited by a moderator: