Motor wont spin

marka73

My proppeller wont spin bought a new motor put it in still wont spin but when i take the top shell of the motor works but when i put it bck toghter it doesnt spin and motor over heats can somone help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jimhinton

My proppeller wont spin bought a new motor put it in still wont spin but when i take the top shell of the motor works but when i put it bck toghter it doesnt spin and motor over heats can somone help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Most likely, one of the mounting screws is protruding too far into the motor and locking up the rotor. Definitely sounds like a physical blockage rather than an electronic issue.

Vection

There's a fly in my Zen
If this is the Syma X8G it has brushed motors. Check to make sure the prop isn't contacting the shell. Does it spin freely before and after assembly? The motor gear train could be jamming together or miss-aligning when installing the shell. Look for plastic flashing that may be interfering with the assembly and carefully cut it away. Good luck Marka.

Vection

There's a fly in my Zen
Did that mate got all 4 working but one wont go at thee samme sppeed as the other 3 tried to send a video wont let me

If you are checking the motors by holding the quad while throttling up the highest motor won't spin as fast as the others. Try flying it first but not in the house, just in case. If it still won't fly it's probably because one of the ESC's is compromised. If I'm not mistaken the ESC's are built into the Flight Control board on most toy grade quads. If that's the case you'll probably have to replace it. If your soldering skills are up to snuff you shouldn't have any problems. You can get a replacement here:
https://www.banggood.com/Syma-X8C-Receiving-Board-Spare-Part-p-1007644.html?rmmds=buy
Pay the lowest shipping rate and it will arrive in about 1/3 the time compared to free shipping (6 wks if you're lucky). If you decide to go this route take a picture of the board first as a reference before disconnecting anything. Pay close attention to orientation and polarity when reconnecting. After everything is reconnected you'll need to calibrate the ESC's AND the gyro, two separate processes. This hobby can get quite expensive if you don't learn how to replace parts yourself. Crashes are part of the hobby and your quad won't walk away from all of them, I've maimed a few :eek:. Cheaper to replace the FC than buy another quad. Good luck.
PS. When you tried uploading the file did you click the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the Reply/comment box? There are sometimes limits on the size of the file they will accept.[/QUOTE]