More bad "Drone" usage in the news

So here is Downunder Australia where we are already legislated to the inth degree... a group of Animal Liberation activists have got their hands on an expensive hexacopter and are using it to "spy" on unsuspecting farmers trying to prove their questionable farming methods. This is just giving more poor press to the technology as most people seem do disagree with the ability for anyone to have access to this technology. I think there are better methods to collect their evidence perhaps I'm biased in my opinion...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-30/drone-used-to-record-intensive-farm-production/4921814

Efliernz

Pete
Whether you agree with the purpose or not, they were flying without permission over private land and were filming again without permission. I see that as trespass...

Pete

topshots

Looks like one of the "Aerobot" RTF packages, by the looks of the video the pilot needs a bit more practice (reference the landing at the end). Would be a different story if they crashed their "Drone" into one of the farms. I bet they don't have insurance to cover such an event.

Crasher

I'm guessing that that hex is not going to be around too long. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an unexplained acute equipment failure ending in a crash landing inside the perimeter of the next place they fly over.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Invasion of Privacy comes to mind also, but I do not know how the Australian laws work with privacy matters.