Monocular video glasses

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I hate it when the web sites look great when you first land but then there are only picture and very few or no links work!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
here's an idea for you folks making your way towards video goggles of some sort. Get an old pair of sunglasses and try the different configurations while flying before you commit to any one concept. Tape one eye closed, drop them into place from your forehead, wear them low on your nose all while flying and see what gives you the best feeling while flying. You can also tape a picture of something to a piece of cardboard and place it somewhere where you might mount a monitor. Try diverting your attention to look at the details of the picture while you're flying.
Everyone will have their own preference but it might not be what you expect once you try doing it.
Have fun,
Bart

Hi guys :)

It been just a few months that I'm selling this product. For now I'm the only distributor (The conceptor is a friend of mine) But I think I won't stay alone selling these monocular.
I have very very good returns on this product (from customers of course) and 2 weeks ago I have gone to a french multirotor meeting with these googles.
There was some professionnal guys that knew this product but never tested it. They were arguying that their director's eye is the left one and don't think they could really accomodate to the monocular.

10 seconds.

it has taken 10 seconds to the first guy that tried it before saying :
"hmmm... and when will you have it back in stock please ?"
:)

I know that I'm a seller and that m words sound like advertisement so here is a link (with google traduction) where customers are speaking about it:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mk-fr.info%2Fforum%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C5187.0.html

I know it's very bad English but you will have some other point of view than mine :)

As I know this is a good product I let 1001copters french customers try it for a week. For now evry guy that have tested it for a week has baught it :)

Patrick (the conceptor) is a very serious guy. Before producing his monocular,he has baught 3 different models: one 80$ chinese, one 1000$ and the last one 8000$ .
The main difference between the pirateEye and the last two model is the resolution: PirateEye 640x480 vs 800x600 (+Oled technology).
The image quality in the pirateEye have nothing to compare with fatshark google for example. With fatshark, you have chromatic aberration on the lenses (especialy on the edge of the screen). With the pirateEye, it's another story :)
You can see on this video I made, a small test to show the OSD visibility :

If you have some questions, feel free to contact me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

i tried something like these a couple of years ago but found it too distracting and crashed, much prefer headplay goggles, just tilt head up to check on quad if needed then back to flying FPV

Well, The purpose of these video google isn't doing FPV at all.
Don't compare the scope of FPV google like headplay,fatshark and so on with monocular video googles :)

You can compare video quality of the video monitor of course but the use of FPV video google and monocular is so different that it's a nonsense to compare it :)