1001copters.com Monocular glasses PirateEye

PirateEye

Hi,

A few months ago I spoke about these video glasses:
View attachment 435

These video glasses are designed mostly for a professionnal purpose. It's not an FPV product like fatshark, the scope is completly different.
i will use two examples:
you are a photographer, you are working alone. With this product you can control your flight by watching your aircraft directly, positionning it in the good light, right angle etc. Then you need to check if your height is good, and what you are shooting at: just watch in the monocular in a few seconds without loosing your aircraft more than few seconds.

The ocular is placed below the line of sight in order to allow you to see your aircraft with both eyes.

Second example:
you are working with a cameraman who is controling the camera mount. Generaly cameramen are equiped with FPV googles, but it's also important for you to know what your cameraman is shooting at, Like this you can prevent his needs, positionning your aircraft at the right place before he request it to you.
The pirateEye can do this for you.

The resolution is 640x480 (same LCD than fatshark but with a better lens in front of it). It allows to read an OSD easily. I will post a demo video as soon as possible ;)

this product has been designed by a professionnal for professionals: Glasses are ESS ICE , a product choosen by most army/police in the world.
The package is delivered with two pair of glasses: one for the sun and one for shady day.
Evrything has been studied to help you: the ocular connector is connected to the control modul with a LEMO connector
images
. It's for professionnal purpose: you can plug it 15 times an hours and in 2 months it will always work.
The belt pouch allow you to place the google safely while preparing the machine. Inside the pooch there is a small pocket to place the cable and lemo connector to avoid scratching the glasses.

More important: the pirateEye is the first video google that allow you to use real correctors glasses (for myopic people for example). You can purchase an ESS adaptator to your local store and request to adapt your own corrective lens on it.

There is also small spacers provided with the pirateEye to make a small corrections (+-3 dioptry)

Attachments

• GENERAL [1600x1200].jpg
    GENERAL [1600x1200].jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN0997 [1280x1024].JPG
    DSCN0997 [1280x1024].JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 425
  • boitier 3 [1600x1200].jpg
    boitier 3 [1600x1200].jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 421
  • pochette ceinture [1600x1200].jpg
    pochette ceinture [1600x1200].jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 441
  • lunette 1 [1600x1200].jpg
    lunette 1 [1600x1200].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

the price of the PiratEye has been lowered down to 358€ (around 450$ US) excluding taxes. This price is for outside european customers or european companies (Particular people in europe must pay VAT taxes).

Hope to see you in the webshop soon ;)

plingboot

i'm kinda interested in this for the purposes of being able to frame shots, couple of questions.

can you supply it without the glasses - i'd be looking to use it with the oakley radar glasses i currently wear when flying?

what's the price to UK buyers?

cheers

Hi Plingboot,

I'm sorry but I can't provide this product without the glasses.
the video monitor isn't just glued on the glasses, the glasses is laser cuted and a sppecial piece is inserted.
this piece allows to movve the video monitor in order to adjust as best as possible the visibility.

the price for UK buyers is 358€ if you have a valid VAT number otherwise it's 428.17€.

In a few days there will be another offer for the PirateEye and I strongly suggest you to wait a little ;)

Attachments

• 20120616+35309 [1024x768].jpg
    20120616+35309 [1024x768].jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 20120616+35326 [1024x768].jpg
    20120616+35326 [1024x768].jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 20120616+35335 [1024x768].jpg
    20120616+35335 [1024x768].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 20120616+35342 [1024x768].jpg
    20120616+35342 [1024x768].jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 354

swisser

I have a pair of these, the original full spec ones, for sale. They have never been used outside of my living room - they work perfectly and as advertised, but I can't get on with them due to my eyesight and spectacle requirements. Anybody care to make me an offer?

I don't understand, you buy these monocular for video entertainment ?
If it's an eyesight problem, you can buy the Rx vice insert to place your own corrective lens. It's the only video google on the market than can support custom corrective lens.

swisser

"you buy these monocular for video entertainment ?"

Not sure if that's meant to be funny, but where did I say I bought them for video entertainment? My point was merely that during testing they've not been used "in the field", only indoors.

"
If it's an eyesight problem, you can buy the Rx vice insert to place your own corrective lens. It's the only video google on the market than can support custom corrective lens."

Far be it from me to get in the way of your massive sales pitch here, but the insert with corrective lens is not well suited to my particular eyesight deficiency. These glasses are great and for people with no corrective vision requirements or simple near or far sightedness, but they don't suit me.

I spent over €600 buying these from you and didn't complain when they didn't work well for me. Suggesting I'm stupid probably isn't the best way to encourage me to buy equipment from you in future.

"you buy these monocular for video entertainment ?"

Not sure if that's meant to be funny, but where did I say I bought them for video entertainment? My point was merely that during testing they've not been used "in the field", only indoors.

"
If it's an eyesight problem, you can buy the Rx vice insert to place your own corrective lens. It's the only video google on the market than can support custom corrective lens."
Far be it from me to get in the way of your massive sales pitch here, but the insert with corrective lens is not well suited to my particular eyesight deficiency. These glasses are great and for people with no corrective vision requirements or simple near or far sightedness, but they don't suit me.
I spent over €600 buying these from you and didn't complain when they didn't work well for me. Suggesting I'm stupid probably isn't the best way to encourage me to buy equipment from you in future.

Hi Swisser,

I'm afraid that my english is soo bad that I have made a confusion in my writing because my scope was really to undertsant and try to give you a solution to use the PirateEYe and not suggesting you are stupid.

When I have read "but I can't get on with them due to my eyesight and spectacle requirements." I made a confusion ( Google translation indicated me...) In french "Spectacle" means a show (like on broadway,movie,theatre) and I thought that you were using it to see movie on home cinema. Sorry for the confusion, I apoligize for my bad english.

You should have contacted me about this problem, I will have take back the pirateEye (under reserve it havn't been modified and in good conditions) If it's still the case, I can take it back.

Best regards,
Cédric

Hi,

some of you remember that in the past i have had some trouble on mikrokopter.us board. I have been banned because I have posted informaions about motor test and propellers or how to enhance an AV200 with video containing links to my webshop.

Ziggy have seen that the piratEye is a good product and is now selling it in his webshop but as he's lazy, he just copy/paste my website, description and photos. As he's not just lazy, he's also a bit stupid, he have placed a direct link to my website on the photos (very fair isn't it ?)

Here's the results when you do stupid things:

mikrokopter_us_stealing_photos.jpg

ChrisViperM

I have a pair of these, the original full spec ones, for sale. They have never been used outside of my living room - they work perfectly and as advertised, but I can't get on with them due to my eyesight and spectacle requirements. Anybody care to make me an offer?

I got also the full spec ones, but was not sure if it would work for me, since I am also wearing spectacles. Somewhere in the specs I was reading "- Possibility to adjust your corrective glasses (+ / - 6 diopters) from a dealer ESS....
This is not shown on the website from 1001Copters, but if you write him a mail, he will answer you about the details in no time. It's basically a spectacle frame (I got the glasses done at my optometrist) you clip onto the Pirateye....and it's working like a dream....I can check all telemetry data and picture frame AND have an eye on the copter.

Dealing with
Cédric from 1001Copters is top notch...emails answered very quick and whatever I bought from him was top quality and on my desk in no time.....big compliment from my side.

Chris