Mikrokopter MikroKopter New BLv3.0 Firmware

DKTek

I had issues with this update process. Holger stated that only pins 1,7,and 9 are needed. I made a cable with the modded header pins and tried many times to connect to the BL-Ctrl V3 without success. The ribbon was connected to the x3 port as indicated on the MK-USB. After viewing the info below, I decided to try the x2 port used for the FC and NC. Finally, it made the connection and I was able to do the updates. Holger failed to mention the part about ignoring his documentation.

Circuit points
The MK-USB has three ports.

• x1 -> Mini-USB connector port for connecting to the computer.
  • x2 -> SIO Connection to FlightCtrl or NaviCtrl
  • x3 -> EPI Connection to MK3Mag or BLCtrl
So the sockets are later placed the right way, is right next to the solder pad, the number "1 " printed.

main.php

A few more things I should also mention to possibly assist others with this endeavor,
- Disconnect the I2C cable before starting, this isolates the BL-Ctrl from the FC and NC
- Connect the modded header pins to the desired BL-Ctrl, pay attention to the #1 pin location and proper header pin alignment!
- Connect power to the BL-Ctrl, I used a freshly charged flight battery. The BL-Ctrl will initiate as usual by nudging the props. This should also indicate to you that the MK-USB jumper is NOT used...
- Plug the USB cable to the computer and start Tools, I used version 2.06a. If connected correctly, Tools will display it's connection to the BL-Ctrl. If it does not and the MK-USB isn't showing a green LED, then there's a connection issue. Double check the header pin alignment to the board and verify the #1 pin.
- Select the "Firmware Update and Terminal" then select "Firmware Update". Hopefully you've already saved the HEX file above, if so then select it and open...
- If all is good, then the magic will happen. It takes about 15-20 seconds and the update ends with the motor nudging the prop again. The current FW is also displayed in the Tools terminal. You should see, 02d.
- I powered down the board after each update, you have to do all 8 individually, and disconnected the USB and closed out Tools each time. This might NOT be necessary but I wanted to play it safe. Either way, it worked for me.

I hope that this helps somebody else avoid my headaches stemming from the x2 Vs x3 issue. Holger does amazing work and deserves many praises. Maybe he'll clarify the documentation to reflect this oversight.

Last edited by a moderator: