Mikrokopter Mikrokopter FC2.5, RECOMs just burned out??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Has anyone been flying the new Mikrokopter FC2.5 long enough to say with any certainty that it's a stable product? The first one I received wouldn't allow me to store settings and the replacement just burned out, as in dead after being powered for probably less than twenty minutes total.

Would love to hear if it's just me or if people have been avoiding the new FC2.5.

THanks,
Bart

Bartman

the left front RECOM is working fine, the right front one has failed. the more things change the more they stay the same! :livid::upset:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
BH Bart... When are we going to get a FC that we can rely on.. AT the moment and with out tempting fate the WKM on V5.20 firmware is the only one I can hand on heart fly with confidence in a commercial environment.

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
As I understand it, the "new" FC 2.5 is little more than the old 2.1 with an updated Baro and Accel sensor mod already done plus it only runs the newer firmware, and we all know how reliable a new release of MK firmware can be!

Dave, I agree about the WKM and the older version of firmware, fits with my philosophy of if it isn't broken, don't "fix" it...

What does kind of make me mad is the fact that DJI has apparently abandoned the original Naza V1, no more software updates and it doesn't seem to be able to load the new versions for the V2. Haven't looked at the WKM lately but I assume they'll likely do the same now that the new system is on the market.

As far as reliability, I still stand by my older MK stuff, my now 4 or 5 year old hexa V1 has somewhere north of 2200 minutes flight time showing in the F/C system stats and I can pull it off the shelf virtually anytime, strap a battery to it, and go fly without worry, don't know that I have anything else in inventory that I can make that statement about.

Ken

Bartman

this thread is so 2011! talking with Ken and Dave about Mikrokopter problems!

we now return to our regularly scheduled broadcasting........

Bartman

As I understand it, the "new" FC 2.5 is little more than the old 2.1 with an updated Baro and Accel sensor mod already done plus it only runs the newer firmware, and we all know how reliable a new release of MK firmware can be!

Dave, I agree about the WKM and the older version of firmware, fits with my philosophy of if it isn't broken, don't "fix" it...

What does kind of make me mad is the fact that DJI has apparently abandoned the original Naza V1, no more software updates and it doesn't seem to be able to load the new versions for the V2. Haven't looked at the WKM lately but I assume they'll likely do the same now that the new system is on the market.

As far as reliability, I still stand by my older MK stuff, my now 4 or 5 year old hexa V1 has somewhere north of 2200 minutes flight time showing in the F/C system stats and I can pull it off the shelf virtually anytime, strap a battery to it, and go fly without worry, don't know that I have anything else in inventory that I can make that statement about.

Ken

it's not quite an old FC2.1 with mods as the underside has been redesigned to a small degree. it does have the 6S mods included and the ACC upgrade as well as a second LED for something that I haven't quite taken the time to learn about yet. the solder pads on the bottom side are different in places like where main power is attached but so far i'm 0 for 2 in trying to get an FC 2.5 flying.

i'll have to check my MK FC 2.1 boards to see what kind of time they have on them, the first one was I bought around November, 2010 and it's still flying.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
this thread is so 2011! talking with Ken and Dave about Mikrokopter problems!

we now return to our regularly scheduled broadcasting........

That's OK, right now I'm trying to undo whatever it was I did to make the Super X I have on a Discovery frame go from flying nicely to a vibrating POS! Sometimes I long for the less complicated days of MK and KK boards... ;)

Ken

Vortex

I have a MK FC2.5 and have had no trouble whatsoever with it.......I might have just started something saying that too!!!!

Bartman

well that's good to know, thanks. are you using the BL 3.0's or ESC's? I'm using a I2c to PWM converter with HW ESC's. was using that with an FC 2.2 also and it worked fine.

Vortex

I'm using the MK FC2.5 with a Hercules III and I2C control......So far it seems to be working perfectly with the advantage of Herc Board telemetry via the MK FC and MC20