Micro Molex Connectors/wiring

Ronan

Where do you guys purchase your molex connectors? Specifically micro 4 and 3 wires?

The one that came for my video transmission is pretty crappy and i would like to buy a higher quality one, or at minimum assemble it myself...

I basically need a 3 wire connector on one end (plugs into the LANC-Ctrl) and a 4 wire connector on the other (plugs into the IOSD MKII) (AV2 wire isn't used at this time).

ca-mic3-w3-nc.jpg

Can't find a photo of a 4 wire one...

Ronan

we get them from amazon but make sure you have a really nice crimper or it's a wasted effort, you need something like these.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002AVVO7K...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_62bq5layhz_e

for connectors theres so many i can never remember which are the exact codes for what fits what. these things are really small and hard to make, and i'm used to making servo wire ends.

Yes! Such a pain! I'll take a look at amazon. I have the same clippers but in yellow (from like 15 years ago haha).

Ronan

Does anyone know the size of the 3 wire pin/connector i posted in the original post?

I can't tell if i need 1mm or 1.25mm...

JST-SH or JST-PICO...

Heck, anyone know where i can buy a kit of JST connectors + pins of all sizes so i make my own wires/connectors?

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I find it generally easier to buy the leads with the connectors already done and solder in the middle between the two already done connectors. I do two pin JST's and servo connectors but the pico Molex are a real pain.

Ronan

I find it generally easier to buy the leads with the connectors already done and solder in the middle between the two already done connectors. I do two pin JST's and servo connectors but the pico Molex are a real pain.

That isn't an option, i already tried. They are transmitting video and it's adding noise to the video signal. I have been soldering for 10+ years and i have tried a few times already and can't get as clear/good a signal as with the (very short) provided cable.

So it's etheir the wires i'm soldering are too long (about 1.5 feet) and the video signal degrades, or simply the fact soldering 2 of them together is creating issues (the solder joints are PERFECT, i even tried different wires/etc).

So now i'm looking at simply cutting the wires at the proper length, and adding the pins/connectors myself.

kloner

Aerial DP
I do like pete, i'll shorten or swap ends with soldering the wires. good heat shrink and a clean solder joint should be no different than a made cable except the ends will last longer if there pre made.

I too use the shielded tbs cables,,,,

these are so small it's next to impossible to make them as clean as you can get them

those three place connectors will go into a 4 place connector if the wire alignment works out.... and you can reset where the cables go into the connector

Ronan

Hmnn the short cable that was included is shielded, maybe that's it!

How stiff are the longer shielded cables? I don't want my gimbal to have any issues due to stiff wires...